Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some all-wool clothings (pants, shirts, maybe a poncho or something similar). I've heard that some good stuff comes out of New Zealand but the sites I visited looked to be targeting women or metro-sexuals. I'm looking for bushcraft or wilderness stuff.

I went to Amazon and found some reasonably priced Korean War Era pants for a reasonable price but I'm really looking for a cargo pant with lots of pockets. The Amazon stock wasn't sized well and got some mixed reviews and they didn't have enough pockets. I saw a bushcrafter on YouTube the other days wearing this cool poncho (or something similar) that was 100% wool. He said he could stay out in the rain all day and never get wet. It was long enough to almost reach his knees.

Anyway ... if anyone has a good link to a good source, I would appreciate it. I've been dedicating the last month with getting more prepared than I already was.

Thanks for any good ideas.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,586 Posts
Perfect!!! Thank you.
I'm looking for some all-wool clothings (pants, shirts, maybe a poncho or something similar). I've heard that some good stuff comes out of New Zealand but the sites I visited looked to be targeting women or metro-sexuals. I'm looking for bushcraft or wilderness stuff.

I went to Amazon and found some reasonably priced Korean War Era pants for a reasonable price but I'm really looking for a cargo pant with lots of pockets. The Amazon stock wasn't sized well and got some mixed reviews and they didn't have enough pockets. I saw a bushcrafter on YouTube the other days wearing this cool poncho (or something similar) that was 100% wool. He said he could stay out in the rain all day and never get wet. It was long enough to almost reach his knees.

Anyway ... if anyone has a good link to a good source, I would appreciate it. I've been dedicating the last month with getting more prepared than I already was.

Thanks for any good ideas.
You might PM Twiggy. Knee length wool ponchos were his thing.
I believe he made them from wool blankets.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was pretty amazed to find out how rain resistant wool clothing is. Thanks for a lot of good tips. I'm starting further investigation at this very moment.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want comfort and warmth get an old fashion wool union suit. No drafts.

That's a good idea. I know that cotton is a bad idea in cold climates. Wool or moisture-wicking synthetics are the way to go.

·
Yup
773 Posts
That's a good idea. I know that cotton is a bad idea in cold climates. Wool or moisture-wicking synthetics are the way to go.
I have a nice one (merino wool) from Australia and one for work. The work one is from wallmart $30 i think. It actually is pretty good. I liked it enough to buy a second one. All are blended. I do wear another shirt under it so i can wear it more than one day without it getting all stanky.

·
Learning
6,614 Posts
Empire Wool and Canvas, I have a coat from there...awesome! All handmade

Woolrich, I have some great shirts from there.

Huckberry is a new site, but they have a few cool things

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a nice one (merino wool) from Australia and one for work. The work one is from wallmart $30 i think. It actually is pretty good. I liked it enough to buy a second one. All are blended. I do wear another shirt under it so i can wear it more than one day without it getting all stanky.

I almost bought one today but started thinking that I already have a couple in my storage unit. I'm in the process of restructuring several kits so I'm going to check my storage on Saturday and take another look at my inventory. I have a bad habit of buying things I may or may not need; then forgetting that I bought them; then buying them again a year or two later. Out of sight ... out of mind. :upsidedown::D:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Check out Absell Wool (https://asbellwool.com/). I have one of their Pathfinder anoraks and it's been one of my favorites for years.

Another great site. Thank you. I noticed that they have "jackets," "anoraks," "hoodies," and the "pathfinder." Many are similarly priced. What's the difference between them (in general)? I'd like to get the warmest coat I can find.

·
Stubborn Survivor
146 Posts
I will vouch for Swiss Link. They were located in Paradise, CA before the fire (so was I). Most of their facilities burned except one warehouse. They relocated to Chico, CA for now. Great people and service. I have spent a lot with them... I do miss going to their physical store though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts