Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
oh ferchissakes, no, the knife and light are just silly complicatons. Get a good AA light, with a side button that pushes into the body of the light, so you can use your weak side thumb to both hold the light in alignment with your pistol and work the light switch. This is FAR superior to the STUPID idea of having the light switch on the butt end of the light, cause doing so RUINS your normal 2 handed firing grip on the gun (for no reason at all). the "knife" you want for shtf or genric survival chores is a leatherman, dude, not a Bowie. A 2 ft long club is a better weapon than a knife of reasonable length.

·
Retreat hell!!
106 Posts
what is the rifle ? Im not big on flashlights it might give you greater clarity but it also aluminates your position!

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
what is the rifle ? Im not big on flashlights it might give you greater clarity but it also aluminates your position!
That's a Tactical Winchester 30/30, I believe.
Not mine though.

Has a Scout Scope Rail with Eotech and flash light mounted.

Now here are a couple "Tactical Lever Actions" I wouldn't mind owning:

Both are Marlins. The top is a 45-70. All 3 of these lever actions are from members over at AR15.com's Lever Action forum.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't really care for levers but that stainless steel marlin is sweet. I am going to Gander Mountain.....oh man here I go again another gun......

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
I don't really care for levers but that stainless steel marlin is sweet. I am going to Gander Mountain.....oh man here I go again another gun......

You know you want one! :D::D::D:

I picked up a used stainless 357 mag Rossi lever action. Not too long ago. It's a fun gun to shoot!

Can use either 38spl or 357mag. Blasted some of the Hornady Lever Revolution ammo through it last vacation.

Tip I learned to make lever actions more enjoyable to shoot...

Load the 1st round 1/2 way into the loading gate. Use the 2nd round to push the 1st round all the way into the rifle. Leave the 2nd 1/2 way in and repeat.

That way you only get your thumb pinched once. After a little practice you won't get pinched at all.

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
tape a knife to the bottom of your gun and a light under the barrel of it?

oh geez kid.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
You know, on second thought, I guess the .50 AE may do a passing job for predator protection. But, I'd still prefer a .44 magnum for its overall versatility. And regardless of caliber, I certainly wouldn't go for a Desert Eagle.

·
Registered
12,978 Posts
Actually ther have been several guns that were made with a knife under the barrel one I think was a boarding weapon.
They certianly thought it was a good idea on rifles during both wars 1--2
Just not verry practicle to carry that way .
Not an original idea, but certianly there were those in the past, that though it was a good enough idea to actually build it in .
Keep thinking , your doing good .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts