Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there again, can anyone point me in the direction of a good, solid, durable scope mount for a K98 that does not require any gunsmithing? Something good for long range.
Been looking to turn my K98 into a long-distance hole puncher.

Thanks.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
All of them require alteration either drill and tap on the receiver or cutting away the wood for the claw type or side mount. Its a great weapon and if your going to scope it make sure the sights stay usable, should the scope fog or get smashed.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of them require alteration either drill and tap on the receiver or cutting away the wood for the claw type or side mount. Its a great weapon and if your going to scope it make sure the sights stay usable, should the scope fog or get smashed.
Not all of them do, i've seen scout ones that replace your rear sight.

·
Always watching from afar
292 Posts
ATI Stock on a Mauser

I can not vouch for the stock as I have never even shot the thing. I built it as a play pretty and my first project rifle. The stock does seem sturdy though and does not wobble. I was talking to a friend last night and I am going to take this rifle out and give it a shot and see what it can so. The ATI stock feels good holding it though.

And ATI is like every other company they make some good stuff and some bad. Some bad. Remember ATI is who makes the stocks for the Hi Point carbines and everyone seems to love them.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Ronnie,

Can you give a report on this one, when you get a chance? I have been looking them over both in black and woodland camo. It appears to be the same type of mount as the other barrel bolt ons. No option for stripper clips though.

What model scope is that and how far can it work for a 12" group off the 8mm.

Also what ammo are you shooting and stocked with?

Thanks in advance.

·
Diamond Dog
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the folks with these ATI stocks, can anyone provide a detailed review on them for quality, and how the work for scope mounting/quality of groups w/standard scopes?

TIA
Agreed, i hope someone gives a review.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts