accurate for a while. then one day it wasn't
hitting the target anymore. and I've had to
sight it in multiple times. Im convinced its the scope
Any reccomandations for a good scope for a pellet
Rifle?

·
Founder
16,869 Posts
Just about any 2 - 4 power scope should be good.

For the price, Tasco and Bushnell are hard to beat

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
BSA makes some decent entry-level scopes and reflex sights.

RWS 34 is a sweet rifle!
I strongly suggest cleaning the lead fouling from the barrel▬that's what is likely causing the decrease in accuracy, IMO

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,413 Posts
Spring piston air guns with their sharp forward recoil are VERY hard on scopes. More so than many heavy centerfire rifles, because most scopes aren't designed to handle the forward recoil. Look for scopes that are airgun rated. They will hold zero and not come apart on you.

I have developed a real fondness for Leapers "Accushot" series. They're a really good scope and are airgun rated. I'm using them on several of my centerfire rifles actually. They're better than scopes costing 3 times the money.

BTW, there are gun forums for these posts rather than putting them in disaster preparedness general. :)

·
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw
2,991 Posts
$50-$100 range:
http://www.cabelas.com/riflescopes-bsa-air-gun-scopes.shtml

Designed specifically for air-rifle use, these scopes feature adjustable objective lenses allowing you to focus as close as 10 yards. Fully-coated optics. Fog-proof, waterproof and shockproof. 1/4 MOA finger adjustment target turrets with screw-on covers. Matte finish. Includes dust covers. BSA limited lifetime warranty.
I have BSA Cat's Eye scopes on my Ruger 10/22 and 77/44 and love 'em!

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
67,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Make sure the scope is airgun rated. Air Rifles recoil kicks forward, not to the rear like cartridge rifles do. I killed a brand new Leupold 6.5-20x40mm with eighteen shots from a Beman one afternoon. Never even got it out of the living room.

ISS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts