Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know of a few good places in the Dallas area (Ft. Worth also) that I can find reasonably priced and well made AK's for. Also be great if they had some selection of different types.

I was going to make the gun show this weekend, Malaz and I decided that it would be better to check on our farm, since it was in the path of Ike. I thought that a gun show would be a good place to find an AK and check out local prices. Wasn't meant to be this month.

So if you can steer me in the right direction's, I'd really appreciate it. After all the reading, I think I'm ready to make a good choice and not get burned.

Thanks.

Hi Poopus

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Try the Armory in Mesquite TX on Old London right off Scyene Road just inside loop 635 by the Big football stadium. the other would be right outside of Dallas off Interstate 30 east at Cado Mills. there you will find Mickey Lowreys Ammo Depot. Both spots are good people. Mickey's phone number is 903 527 6120. The Armory in Mesquite is 972 285 1288.

A third place would be in Fort WOrth and the prices will be a little bit higher at Military Gun Supply on Loop 820 on the SE side of town near Berry st.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Gunmasters in Plano (or north Richardson, I'm not sure) had a couple last time I was there. I didn't check the prices but their other prices were reasonable.

[edit] Ok, I'm pretty sure they had two AKs but, since I'm not really interested in those guns, I'm not 100%. If they don't have any, I'll have to buy you lunch.

You might have to call first ...
http://www.gunmasterinc.com/

·
Welcome to reality
43 Posts
Wise Lite Arms in Boyd TX (mainly a manufacturer but he may be interested building one for you) or Military Gun Supply on 820 and berry in Fort Worth TX. I recommend Peach State Guns in Georgia if you want to buy out of state and do the transfer.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks everyone. I'm heading out today. Got my money together and I'm going to pick up the rest of my reloading equipment and supplies, then my two assault rifles, mag's and two Glocks and extra mags. I'll post when I get back on where and what I got. Thanks again.

Hi Poopus

·
Old Toot
296 Posts
Looks like you're already gone but here's what I saw at CheaperThanDirt today. Romanian AK (only had one in stock) with bayonet $499.00. Ammo 500 rounds Wolf 124GR. FMJ $117.50. SKS were $249.00 and had about 6 in the racks.
Stopped in Cabelas for some other camping stuff but couldn't resist checking their prices. No AK's in stock and not sure when they'd have anymore. SKS were $229 and had about a dozen in the racks.
Do any of the above mentioned places in DFW have good ammo deals? I'd like to increase stocks before the election.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts