Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that buys and sells gun parts. He had a nice little enterprise until the economy started to go bad. He was struggling in the poor economy because people are having less to spend on parts. He mostly deals in vintage stuff so people have passed him by.

I bought an old Lee Enfield Rifle from him and rebuilt it. It's a great gun. I also bought 2 old school M1911s that I rebuilt so that their in working condition from him.

So I took pity on him and bought the parts for three complete guns. I have three bolt action rifles that don't work, but I have the skills and the parts to make them work.

The first is an old Mosin-Nagant rifle from Russia. It doesn't work, but I can fix it. It'll fire a 7.62mm round.

The next two I'm going to rebuild and remount as custom rifles. I'm going to ask your opinions on if this is a good idea.

One is a Belgium made Browning rifle that fires a .22 so I'm going to rebuild it to fire the Remington .223 round.

The second is an old school Mauser rifle which is a complete and utter wreck. I figure that I will rebuild it to fire the same .303 rounds that my Enfield use so I don't have to worry about buying a different kind of ammunition.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You're going to make a 22lr fire a .223, doesn't sound safe. As for the mauser I'd get a cheap synthetic stock and rebarrel it in .308 which is very easy to do.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
If you can accomplish that you are one heck of a gunsmith in my opinion. Good luck on the operation and be safe. Pictures mandatory when done. :D:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts