Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local peddlers mall has several (50+) brownells 30 rd mags for $5.99. I bought 5 last week. Wondering if I should go back for more

·
Locked & Loaded
555 Posts
Did they work fine ? If they fed into you AR with no problems then it's a good deal... I personally like the mags with the Tan followers that are easier to load, as opposed to the older green followers.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Heck yes, go buy as many as you can afford. Things to look for if you want to be picky: No dents, straight feed lips, straight bottom plates, no bent or broken tabs that hold the bottom plate on, & the mag catch slot not wore out. Followers to look for are the tan ones as said earlier as they are true anti tilt. I think there is an orange follower thats the same also. If you want to sell any and make a profit look for magazines that have the old black followers. Insure there is nothing stamped on the body, or a date that is before 1994. That is a preban magazine and if advertised in a preban magazine state you can get $10 each plus shipping all day.

-Nate

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything seems to work and look ok. They have the tan followers. Just noticed a couple are not Brownells but I'm going back Monday for more.

Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
Local LGS had them on sale like that few years ago, sadly they would only let me buy 6 per day, I went back 2 days in row, third day they were gone. The ones I bought were all black with green followers, they function fine though.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
To Redranger1, or anyone that can answer the question.........when have there been dates on magazines? Or for that matter, serial numbers or the like where that date could be tracked?

It was the lack of these things that made the assault weapons mag ban the silly thing it was.

·
Registered
962 Posts
My mags have dates of manufacture on them I think all mags do, because there are still places you can only own preban mags, like cali and NY, maybe a few others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts