Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not that i don't love them and want to buy one as soon as possible, but since they are likely to be banned. what's a good alternative that's not likely to be banned. something that is still semi-automatic, magazine fed and comes in a common caliber. i know about mini 14's and mini 30's but i hear they have accuracy issues. is that true? i'm thinking about getting an old 30 carbine if i can't get an m4.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Even the Minis are being targeted. If they don't ban the rifles they'll ban the mags. That being the case go SKS. No mags, can be loaded quick with strippers that are cheap, or can be hand loaded and still fire semi-auto. Guerilla forces the world over have sworn by them for decades.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I read up on the Mini 14 and Mini 30 just the other day. it seems that Ruger was listening to customers abour the accuracy issues and back in 2003 they redesigned the Mini 14 to have modified gas system designed to reduce barrel vibration, and new iron sights, and are produced with tighter tolerances. Sorry I qouted Wikipedia for that tid bit. just make sure that you get a Mini 14 marketed as "Ranch Rifles"

Within the next month or two before "dooms day" comes I will have bought a complete AR-15 Carbine and also two stripped AR-15 receivers. Plus one Ruger Mini-14 and maybe a Springfield M-14 or M1A to have .308 caliber.

My reasoning on the stripped receivers is the fact that is the only part that the goverment registers all other parts can be bought without much paper work done. With those in hand I can take the time in kitting one together after any ban that may be past.

In all honesty I think that if a ban will come it will go after all military and military like weapons. leaving cilivians with single shot or firearm with limit amount of ammo. They will do this so that the Military and Police will be in firepower superiorty so incase rioting or a revolt come up they will be able to shot it back down. (no pun intended)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Already ahead of you. I pay off and pick up my complete lower Friday and the next payday start on another. When the AR lowers are purchased then I start on the back-up SKS for each family member. Get it now because no ifs and or buts its gonna be gone soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I couldn't keep my EBRs, I would not feel undergunned with my Jungle Carbine and 180 grain soft points. It's a very maneuverable rifle, with a slick action, fast acquisition sights, and a decen mag capacity. Despite the flash-hider/bayo lug, it still looks pretty sheeple friendly (funny story- I was showing it to a non-gun person, and they presumed it was some sort of pilgrim gun because of the bell shaped flash hider)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.