Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a 9mm pistol and I just wanted to know which brand would be the best bang for the buck Glock, S&W, walter, H&K, or whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Springield XD or Glock. I like the Springy due to grip angle and better internals, but if they fail they are equal.

Right now in 9mm the Sig 225 (p6) is dirt cheap, and will outlast most on the market. It is a standard capacity (less than 10) but three will most likely solve most situations in a civilian role :)

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
Springield XD or Glock. I like the Springy due to grip angle and better internals, but if they fail they are equal.

Right now in 9mm the Sig 225 (p6) is dirt cheap, and will outlast most on the market. It is a standard capacity (less than 10) but three will most likely solve most situations in a civilian role :)

Sig P6 is a sweet gun, but mags (Pro mags don't count... they are POS's) are an issue.

·
Concerned
40 Posts
I was recently in the same situation and couldn't make up my mind so I purchased a Glock and a Springfield. Both are great but I prefer the feel of the XD.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Springfield XD can hold 20 rounds without reloading now. Glocks are indestructable. But dont listen to us, go down to a gun store and see what feels best in your hand. Rent one and test fire it if you can. Test drive that car before you buy it.

·
ahhh life, blah blah blah
160 Posts
You need to look at how you are going to carry the weapon and what you expect it to do. As you can see from the replies, everybody has their own opinion of the perfect 9mm. There really isn't a perfect fit for every person. You mainly need to focus on what I listed earlier and buy a weapon that fits those needs and is produced by a well established manufacturer. The mag issue is one to consider. Are the mags easy to get? Are the mags of high quality? A cheap mag that fails is less than useless, it could be fatal. I personally own a number of pistols. My favorite is my 1911, my next favorite is my XD. They both fit my needs and do what I want them to do.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Springfield XD

I have several SD handguns, S&W M&P 9MM compact and a ,40 cal but my favorite CCW is a SA XD .40 Cal sub compact. The XD is more reliable than the S&W's, never failed while eating over 1,000 rounds of very cheap target ammo

·
Forever Vigilant
2,260 Posts
Taurus 24/7 OSS (great fit in just about anyone's hand small or large); CZ75; XD9; Glocks - all good guns and grips. Go to a gun store and handle them. If you can rent at a local gun range, do that too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
am a little partial to rugers....i have a ruger P95 and love it.....i would also recommend a beretta M9/92 series and or ruger SR9

·
Registered
937 Posts
I would just see what feels good your in hands and if you have a range that will let you test out some before you buy is good.

I bought a Glock G19 for my CCW gun and like it easy to clean and goes bang everytime. Take a look at the S&W M&P line they seem to be a good gun for the price. Springfield XDs are nice but a bit more pricey then the GLOCK.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts