Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably going to open a can of worms but anyhow.

God favours the prepared and those who help themselves but keep god part of their life.

Let me give you an example.

You have an exam. does it seem wise not to study at all they pray to god for help?

Or do you study hard and prepare pray to god for help the coming exam, for a clear head, good memory ect.

God works W-I-T-H you not F-O-R you. work hand in hand.
being prepared for an eventuality such as shtf and keep god by your side. pray for strength, safety, wisdom during the time. pray for you family and those that seek to do you harm. where possible spread the word.

keep God at your side not trying to keep him under your foot.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
I fully agree Phoenix. Don't know where this saying came from but I've used it often, "God helps them who help themselves." I could sit in a chair looking at a lightswitch and praying that God would turn it on but it's not going to happen until I get up and do it. In my opinion, God doesn't get too involved with the mundane activities of daily life i.e. brushing teeth, warming up the car, going grocery shopping, etc. I believe He's more interested with spiritual matters or, in some cases, grave emergencies where He might send forth an angel to offer help or protection.

In terms of prepping. I look at Noah. Noah was the prepper of all preppers. He foresaw a future calamity and he aptly prepared for it. We should do the same.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It's most likely from Benjamin Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanac. "God helps those who help themselves." I hate to disagree with you guys but in reality Jesus said the opposite in

Mathew 25..34
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek ) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

However in this we must remember that not everyone follows the same rules and will take things you need for life you don't often see sparrows killing each other over a seed or a big screen TV. We have seen this in many situations in the past .

The reality is if everyone followed the rule about doing unto your nieghbour as you would have him do unto you. Then this would work.

I like Kevs idea of the starting up the grill in short term situation and even in a long term with people who are willing to work with you. I know that the majority of people living near me have never done a hard days work haven't even smelt it. I am starting to stockpile food, water and ammo because my family comes first to me I have a job to do for my children and that's supply them with food, water and protection no matter what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts