Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Cartoon Organism Adaptation Art Happy
Finger Gesture Thumb Interaction Font

Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
I am in my leggings and an oversized t shirt waiting for a ride to the event.

Registered
As per protocol, I am the Thanksgiving chef. Sometimes, however, I wish I hadn't paid so much attention to my grandmother when she made Thanksgiving dinner. Lol I take that back, I'm blessed to have learned from such a wonderful good cook and person. But, it does get tiring. We generally don't have a "pot-luck" style Thanksgiving. Sometimes people will bring deserts but I tend to bake, fry, and smoke the turkeys and make all the sides. Also not looking forward to gaining back all the weight I've lost since July lol

Super Moderator
We have my BIL and his kids over and some family friends. We are also cooking the turkey on the grill this year. First time for it. We'll see how that turns outs.

Retired curmudgeon
Gobble, gobble.

There was the coolest program on PBS last night about a guy who hatched a bunch of wild turkeys and how they imprinted on him. Amazing birds.

Registered
Craziest thing. My wife talked to my son about coming up for Thanksgiving. She also talked about how we鈥檇 be going to Cheyenne for Christmas at his sisters house.

So my wife said the boy was on his way, about 6 PM. It鈥檚 a two our trip. Then she gets a message about 8, he鈥檚 getting gas and food. By midnight, I鈥檓 really worried. And then he says, I think I鈥檓 here. I say what took so long? He says dad, it鈥檚 about 7 hours from Ogden to Cheyenne....

Well, crap. Glad you鈥檙e OK, tell your sister hi for us....but we are at home in Utah.

Thankful he鈥檚 OK, thankful he got to visit his sister and 4 nephews, and thankful I know that next time, I鈥橫 the one that communicates holiday plans.馃お

What... me worry??
Well, another Thanksgiving. Epic it was. Expected 5 minimum. Up at 5:30am to have the bird in the oven at 6. SLOW roasted all day. Fireplace going, wife has the fall decorations full tilt...

Fast forward. 4:15pm. My mother鈥檚 caregiver is on the phone. 鈥***, your mom says she not coming!鈥 I can hear my mother SCREAMING in the background like there is a murder goin鈥 on in that house. (My mother has advanced Alzheimer鈥檚 dementia, so behavioural issues aren鈥檛 unexpected) My son stops at her house and coaxes her... no deal.

5:45 my son arrives. 18lbs of turkey, and all the sides and pies... for me, my wife and son.

So next year, it鈥檚 Wawa 鈥淕obblers鈥 (Turkey, cranberry, stuffing & gravy on a roll... <$6 USD) and Tastykake pies. @&^%$& this holiday BS.

Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
Happy Thanksgiving y'all

Getting ready to go to my daughters and SIL's house and fry a turkey.

Hope your T-Day goes well for you!
Hope you had fun. Unfortunately, I was sick the entire day had zero appetite. Spent most of the day sleeping. :(

Registered
Well, another Thanksgiving. Epic it was. Expected 5 minimum. Up at 5:30am to have the bird in the oven at 6. SLOW roasted all day. Fireplace going, wife has the fall decorations full tilt...

Fast forward. 4:15pm. My mother鈥檚 caregiver is on the phone. 鈥***, your mom says she not coming!鈥 I can hear my mother SCREAMING in the background like there is a murder goin鈥 on in that house. (My mother has advanced Alzheimer鈥檚 dementia, so behavioural issues aren鈥檛 unexpected) My son stops at her house and coaxes her... no deal.

5:45 my son arrives. 18lbs of turkey, and all the sides and pies... for me, my wife and son.

So next year, it鈥檚 Wawa 鈥淕obblers鈥 (Turkey, cranberry, stuffing & gravy on a roll... <$6 USD) and Tastykake pies. @&^%$& this holiday BS.
That sounds terrible. Laid back version next year sounds great. Ouch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts