Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
1/2 way through this and this guy thinks SOY is an acceptable food product? A lot of food products may be derived from soy, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

No way do I think it's a good idea to skip storing food. To a point I agree with not bugging out -but I have a lot of estrogen coursing through my body so I'm pretty sure Mother Nature has a larger influence on those thought- but only a *fool*, a hungry fool, wouldn't store food. I don't care how many fancy shot guns shells he's got neatly holstered-I'm sure they don't taste good.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I used to be destitute like that guy but worse. I didn't like it so I took charge of my life and changed up the whole program. Maybe someday he'll have enough and do the same. From the sounds of it he's still got a ways to go before he's ready tho.

We have plans to stay but if we gotta go then we have plans for that too. Something else comes up that renders those plans untenable then we'll overcome, improvise and adapt. To give up and say "I can't" just isn't my way. To wait to be led, well you can have that too cause I don't want any of it. I'm a free man and will make my own way.

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
Sounds like he doesn't have anyone and it scares him. He makes a few good points but it sounds like they're wrapped up in fear. I don't think I like his ****-poor attitude towards the rough time he's having either. If he can work so hard to keep $100 at the end of the month then he can work hard enough to advance himself a little bit - which should have been happening before things started going wrong. Going without cable isn't something to make a big deal out of either. Talk about brainwashing...if that's something he's really mad about then being forced out of watching TV by not having cable ought to be a thrill. But no, it sounds like he wants us to throw him a pity party. Oh well, if he finds me and wants to work as hard then as he says he does now then I'll take him, but, I don't want anyone on my team that's going to be that negative.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy was just using cable as an example that sometimes we have to do without to make ends meet.

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
The guy was just using cable as an example that sometimes we have to do without to make ends meet.
Oh I know what he meant. I just think it was a bad example. If he was having to skip meals or sell blood/plasma to get by then I'd have a little more respect for him... but cable??? :xeye: I'm sorry but doing without cable isn't really doing without.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know what ya mean....hell I hardly even watch TV at all when I'm home. I was just posting a video that shows the whole bug out thing from a totally different viewpoint. A lot of what the guy says hits home with me.....just wanted to share it.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
This guy is probably in a large to medium city, that's why his rent is probably so high on that small apartment.

When he held up the shotgun bandolier, I got a chill. This guy could be dangerous.
he just strikes me the wrong way.

Reactions: mikea46996

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I know what ya mean....hell I hardly even watch TV at all when I'm home. I was just posting a video that shows the whole bug out thing from a totally different viewpoint. A lot of what the guy says hits home with me.....just wanted to share it.
I agree too...everyone is gonna head to the hills...WTF?

There was a guy here once that was gonna head to the woods with his BOB and guns and make due...I wish I could remember his handle.

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
Right, and I do appreciate the post...it's just that guy's attitude kills me.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
This guy is questioning where people will go when shtf. He can't see it, because he doesn't understand that people who plan to BO have a plan to do so.

He talks about having grocery stores all around the area where he lives and thinks that in a shtf scenario those stores will have food available.

He talks about people being paranoid and brainwashed, yet is unable to see that he is just as brainwashed into thinking that he has no options.

He doesn't discuss anything that he HAS done or is doing to be prepared. The only thing he knows is that he's staying in his apartment, without even the barest of essentials like food or water.

He is depending on some landlord to continue to make the mortgage payment on that building so that he can continue living there.

So he knocks folks who have a plan to BO, but his bright idea is to stay in his apartment and fight it out for something that doesn't even belong to him.

I don't mean to be ugly about this.....but this guy will be like many others standing in a line waiting for fema handouts and b*tching about the government.

He has nothing, so has it occurred to him that he can pack up what he has in his vehicle and move to a different area or state to get a job? Has he tried working a second job?

No cable for tv....but has the internet? No problem.....sell the tv.

He lacks motivation and resourcefulness.

·
V
21,713 Posts
From his comments page

but if the cops are coming from door to door just asking for our guns b/c of a new law saying give them up . I will knock holes in the walls to the other apartments and stalk from room to room doin close quarters combat.
He's just waiting to fill a body bag.

2 weeks laid off isnt hard times, I got laid off 6months ago I find odd jobs do what I can to pay my mortgage, I dont make Youtube Videos bitching about how hard I got it. The MILK gag is an old one and it doesnt just work on Americans it works on anyone who doesnt stop and think.

Only thing I actually agreed with was bugging in.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Besides his one point about bugging out he contradicts himself all the time. He's rambling. It's the problem with doing a video, most people start rambling somewhere in the middle of it.

A couple points he tries to make falls very flat. He has to ask why we need to store food or gas? Is he one of the many "survivalists" that think food just appears in the grocery store already shrink wrapped? It seems that there are many people that have no concept of food sources and just how limited they are. He seems to be one of them. As for storing some gas, obviously he has never had to wait in line at the gas station for hours to get a limited amount of gas. Believe it or not that gas needs diesel to bring it to most people. If someone somewhere wasn't smart enough to store diesel this man isn't going to get his gas.

Then he ends the video with the one thing that all people who can't show how right they are say or type. Something on the order of "I don't care what you think of me". The minute you say or type anything remotely like this, you prove just how much you do need others to approve of you. If you don't care what people think of you, you don't start typing or talking in the first place. You spend your time doing something constructive instead of trying to get others to see things your way and then saying 'I'm not here to make you believe me'. Of course you are. Why else would you waste your time making a video or typing?

While I have come to agree with him on the bug out idea, the rest of his video is just him being frustrated with his life and where it has taken him and looking to put that frustration on to others. Misery loves company.

blt

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Besides giving up the cable TV to save money, I suggest that he sell the video camera as well. An added benefit would be to spare us his mindless ranting on You Tube. :)

Great posting Georgian. This started some good discussion here. Thanks.

·
Plinker
746 Posts
I believe the greater percentage of people are capable of "Bugging out" to a different place..."IF THEY HAVE THE COMMITMENT TO DO SO". After living in San Jose, CA for 25+ years, I talked my wife into moving to Washington state. We quit our jobs (of several years) and left the summer of '89 after the kids were out of school. My oldest and I had made a trip to WA about a week prior to secure an Apartment (we were leaving a house we had rented for our last 13 years in CA). It wasn't easy and there were hardships along the way. But it was exciting, experiencing the start of a new life.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its just people have this idea of a "happy place" that they're gonna run to....where in the hell are you going to run to and what the hell are you going to run from? I understand the survivalist mindset....to survive. I also hate the government and whats it become....but there is some nonsense floatin' around these forums. Like...oh I've got a tactical bug out bunker that I'm going to run to with 20 years worth of supplies, blah blah blah, that sorta ****. No, I don't have anything like that, and personally don't care to. I live down in rural SE Georgia....yeah theres a good bit of folks here now because its not so rural. But do yall honestly think you're gonna be able to be like Mad Max roaming the damn continent for your fantasy land? I mean we all talk about TSHTF.....well whatever it may be, besides a hurricane that you know will impact before it does or other stuff that you can get away from, what are you going to run from? You can't run from a depression. You can't run from an invasion. A lot of folks on here are saying they're gonna get the hell outta dodge, like they're expecting some sort of judgement day from a terminator movie. Hell I would to if I knew I could go somewhere that would be better. The fact that some are prepared to leave and have somewhere to go when whatever it "is" that is supposed to happen is good....you are a true survivalist. I just think ideas like that are pure fantasy.....as you more than likely will never have a chance to get to your "bug out palace" before all hell breaks loose.....

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
I really don't think it's a matter of "running away" from anything. People may say stuff like that because they aren't presently located in a place feasible to homesteading, but that's just verbiage. If you're not where you need to be, you need to go there. I, and I venture to say most of us, don't expect to be able to hide from anything as big as what's coming. We do expect to make whatever changes are necessary to weather the storm and for most of us that includes a change of scenery.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts