Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
salient point right here...

These profits are largely from overseas.. not domestic sales...

Good on em' for the turn though... wish it was domestic instead of overseas..
Doesn't matter who is buying cars. There are billions more Chinese with cash that don't need $8k to help buy a car.

Still a poorly run company

When China decouples or their real estate bubble burst it's back to square one

My point was GM is no better a company than it was before

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm not a fan if China... but they have cash to service their economy
Historically , the country that became the strongest globally both economically and militarily has been the country that held the most reserve currencies. Everyone has had their shot on the merry-go-round throughout history. Portuguese supremacy(1450-1530 )to the Spanish (1530-1640), the Dutch (1640-1720), the French (1720-1815), the British (1815-1920) and the US from then on. The country with the most reserve currency today by far is.. wait for it.. China. They are your new leader. Like post war America they are going to be the new consumers. That said, a dead guy can sell GM products to Chinese. I'm still unimpressed with management and I think spinning off GM China is a great ideal. Great value for those shareholders since that is the growth and revenue division and no legacy pension costs.

Never said they were poorly run...
Never said you did nor did I mean to imply it but I'll say it again.. the company is run very poorly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.