Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Leather is good unless you need to be really warm........ which in CT there is potential for........... I would find something that will keep you warm, but would also allow you to utilize your equipment without removing them.......... I have a few pairs of mittens which allow you to flip them off the fingers so you can use the fingers (shooting, fire starting, etc.) so it is all user preference...........

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah another good suggestion in the design and not so much material aspect!

any companies to steer towards or just head down to the local Harbor Freight/Hardware store and grab gloves?

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Mechanics gloves work great for all round general purpose use. You can get some that are lined too.

They are durable enough and give you good finger dexterity.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think i may explore their lineup - gotta go to lowes for an unrelated purchase anyway - ill look at the gloves they have on hand as well as research the tactical/hardware gloves online

thanks, as always, all of you.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I wear the stretch knit string cotton (roper) or (meat cutter) gloves year round. I can pickup small screws, wear them when installing glass panes or picking up broken glass, wear them when shooting in the winter. In the winter I wear 2 pr. or a pr. inside winter gloves. I have worn nitrile gloves over them for water/wind proofing. About the only time I wear leather gloves is when working with barb wire. The cotton gloves are about $1.00/pr.
I would suggest several pr. of the stretch cotton and nitrile gloves in your BOB

·
DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN
207 Posts
Oakley has great tactical gloves and IMO ones with knuckles are worth every penny.

If you're looking for a cheaper tactical brand I would suggest Hatch. I've had several of there gloves and never had any complains (besides the fact a few pairs magically disappeared from me at numerous bases across the us.)

·
Recent Blog
357 Posts
Im thinking that a pair of gloves should be in our GHB/BOB - what gloves do you all have in your packs?
If your plans include campfire cooking you'll want to include a pair of leather gloves in your kit to protect against hot pots and firewood splinters.

"When seconds mean life or death the police are only minutes away."
-- John Connor

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
ive been PM'd and told to look at Mechanix for gloves - any experience with those gloves guys?
I carry a set of those for hiking, they are excellent aginst all that brush you walk through, and no impairment to weapon use.
And a set of workgloves in the buttpack.

·
Survivalist Electrician
614 Posts
Mechanix for me too. Plus in the winter I keep some polartec glove liners.

From what I've seen, a lot of military personnel are using mechanix. I don't know if they're issued or not though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.