Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking that a pair of gloves should be in our GHB/BOB - what gloves do you all have in your packs?

·
Registered
167 Posts
A good pair of Leather Gloves, broken in so that they are pliable when I need to use them. I have one pair of light leather and one of heavy leather.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you say leather is the way to go huh? Anyone else agree or have an alternative material?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Leather is good unless you need to be really warm........ which in CT there is potential for........... I would find something that will keep you warm, but would also allow you to utilize your equipment without removing them.......... I have a few pairs of mittens which allow you to flip them off the fingers so you can use the fingers (shooting, fire starting, etc.) so it is all user preference...........

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah another good suggestion in the design and not so much material aspect!

any companies to steer towards or just head down to the local Harbor Freight/Hardware store and grab gloves?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I would look at the hunting catalogs (Cabelas, etc.) because they would have a better choice and also better pricing points............

·
Proverbs 26:4
2,112 Posts
Mechanics gloves work great for all round general purpose use. You can get some that are lined too.

They are durable enough and give you good finger dexterity.

·
Bush Walker
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think i may explore their lineup - gotta go to lowes for an unrelated purchase anyway - ill look at the gloves they have on hand as well as research the tactical/hardware gloves online

thanks, as always, all of you.

·
Look Behind You!!
1,586 Posts
Mechanics gloves work great for all round general purpose use. You can get some that are lined too.

They are durable enough and give you good finger dexterity.
Had mine for quite a few years now and really like them. Great all around glove.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I wear the stretch knit string cotton (roper) or (meat cutter) gloves year round. I can pickup small screws, wear them when installing glass panes or picking up broken glass, wear them when shooting in the winter. In the winter I wear 2 pr. or a pr. inside winter gloves. I have worn nitrile gloves over them for water/wind proofing. About the only time I wear leather gloves is when working with barb wire. The cotton gloves are about $1.00/pr.
I would suggest several pr. of the stretch cotton and nitrile gloves in your BOB

·
DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN
207 Posts
Oakley has great tactical gloves and IMO ones with knuckles are worth every penny.

If you're looking for a cheaper tactical brand I would suggest Hatch. I've had several of there gloves and never had any complains (besides the fact a few pairs magically disappeared from me at numerous bases across the us.)

·
Recent Blog
357 Posts
Im thinking that a pair of gloves should be in our GHB/BOB - what gloves do you all have in your packs?
If your plans include campfire cooking you'll want to include a pair of leather gloves in your kit to protect against hot pots and firewood splinters.

"When seconds mean life or death the police are only minutes away."
-- John Connor

·
war comin, choose a side
401 Posts
Cold Weather: buckskin outer, wool/cashmere inner

Warm Weather: mechanix mpact

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
ive been PM'd and told to look at Mechanix for gloves - any experience with those gloves guys?
I carry a set of those for hiking, they are excellent aginst all that brush you walk through, and no impairment to weapon use.
And a set of workgloves in the buttpack.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mechanix gloves, a good pair of leather gloves, a cheap pair of leather garden style gloves and a bunch of latex gloves

·
Survivalist Electrician
614 Posts
Mechanix for me too. Plus in the winter I keep some polartec glove liners.

From what I've seen, a lot of military personnel are using mechanix. I don't know if they're issued or not though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts