Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not that mutherscratcher
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is dumb, but a few years ago I attended a Concealed Carry Class and I remember my instructor telling other members of the class who mostly had glocks that if they had the older model glocks they coud send them back to the factory or what not and they would exchange the older part(s), namely the recoil spring with an updated version with little or no cost. He seemed to know what he was talking about cause he gave in detail the parts and services they would perform as I guess he had the same done with his, I assume. I listened to what he said even tho I didnt have a glock at the time and heard him but kinda shrugged it off. Now I have an older model glock 22 and am wondering if anyone has done this or at least tell me Im stupid. Well thanks guys.

·
Not that mutherscratcher
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... Now that I've looked up parts it had something to do with the recoil spring/guide rod. Now when I was trying out diff loads one time i did have an issue with the spring coming off the guide rod to some degree and i think thats what he was more or less talking about they would fix. I saw only a glimpse of the new piece he had but it looked a 2 piece set up. Idk I may just be getting senile.

·
American fearmaker
14,249 Posts
The much older Glocks had a 2 piece recoil rod and spring system. Any of the newer Glocks have a one piece recoil rod and spring system. When you take apart your Glock, does the recoil rod and spring come apart into 2 separate pieces or not? Is that what you are talking about? If I were you, I would call Glock by phone in Smyrna, Ga., and see if they might not mail you a one piece assembly.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Glock...........Perfection. Nuff said.
Please, quit sniffing the kool-aid.

Glock armorers will swap out the old parts for a minimal parts charge.
The recoil spring does occasionally need replacing, as do the magazine springs.

Glock has updated a number of parts over the years and getting the new versions is not a bad idea. Some of the old parts were changed to increase reliability.

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
Please, quit sniffing the kool-aid.

Glock armorers will swap out the old parts for a minimal parts charge.
The recoil spring does occasionally need replacing, as do the magazine springs.

Glock has updated a number of parts over the years and getting the new versions is not a bad idea. Some of the old parts were changed to increase reliability.

Just having a little fun is all, you didn't have to poop my party. I do, however, agree with alpha pie.If it aint broke.....................................should he by spare parts to have on hand? yes. when he buys these parts should the be the updated parts? yes. but if the gun runs, no reason to go swappin out just yet. IMO That is.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
Glock...........Perfection. Nuff said.
i do love me my glocks... i have 3 and two of those i have seperate barrels for, so i actually have 5 different configurations...

there is only one beef i have with them though, and only one particular caliber at that... i wish my glock 20 (10mm) had a fully supported chamber... when screwing with that amount of pressure i would prefer to have a higher factor of saftey.

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
i do love me my glocks... i have 3 and two of those i have seperate barrels for, so i actually have 5 different configurations...

there is only one beef i have with them though, and only one particular caliber at that... i wish my glock 20 (10mm) had a fully supported chamber... when screwing with that amount of pressure i would prefer to have a higher factor of saftey.

I may or may not have,allegedly,blown a Glock up one time because of an unsupported chamber and perhaps, allegedly,just maybe, some bad reloads LOL.:taped:

·
that's like, your opinion
17,825 Posts
I may or may not have,allegedly,blown a Glock up one time because of an unsupported chamber and perhaps, allegedly,just maybe, some bad reloads LOL.:taped:
i generally load all of my rounds down about 10%... i think i am under 11 grains of blue dot in 10mm, but then again i also primarily use nickel cases for 10mm (higher tensile strength).

also, do tell this alleged story... remember to include some pics.

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
i generally load all of my rounds down about 10%... i think i am under 11 grains of blue dot in 10mm, but then again i also primarily use nickel cases for 10mm (higher tensile strength).

also, do tell this alleged story... remember to include some pics.
Dont want to derail this thread to much. but I was far to mad to take pictures. I used some reloads that i got after a friends Gpa died and left them to me....he was an avid reloader and i shot his stuff all the time. well the loads were to hot, the casing in my G22 was not supported fully by the chamber and i sent my magazine, my extractor, dep plunger, spring and mag release in the great beyond........Gave my hand a pretty good wallop so(bruising and burns, not gashes. luckily),i threw my gun into the woods (later retrieved it) got the parts shipped to me from Glock, fixed it(cause i broke it). father in law has it now and it runs like a champ.:thumb:...........................Allegedly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts