1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Aquaholic
4,905 Posts
there was a guy who did the torture test on his FAL, went like 13K rounds w/o cleaning it, soaked it in swamp water, etc. Amazing. When we first went to Glocks from .357 wheel guns, the demo at the armory involved the Glock armorer firing a G17 with the weapon submerged in a 5 gallon bucket of swamp mud/water/slime, etc. also amazing.

Reactions: joes

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Notice the spots where he also shot the slide of the Glock numerous times with a .22, and it still goes boom.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Dear Santa,

Please disregard my previous present requests. If I am still on your "nice" list, I would like to have a Glock 21 with four magazines and two boxes of bullets please.

Thank you in advance.

Highlanger

PS-There will be exta milk and cookies for your under the tree.

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is impressive, but with me being a XDholic I would like to present the results from this Springfield XD 20,000-round Torture Test. Sorry if this is seen as a threadjacking, but to my defense, it was conducted by a "strong Glock fan".
I owned an HS2000 a while back, so I know they are good pistols. That is an impressive test, but I think this guy with the Glock went far beyond what they did with the Springfield. He shot 150,000 round through his gun, and only did 15k without cleaning. He threw it from an airplane, not from 15 feet. He soaked it in salt water for a week, not just the mud. He shot it with a rifle, and dragged it down the concrete behind his truck. Maybe the XD would also hold up, but we know a Glock will.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts
That is impressive, but with me being a XDholic I would like to present the results from this Springfield XD 20,000-round Torture Test. Sorry if this is seen as a threadjacking, but to my defense, it was conducted by a "strong Glock fan".
The famous 1000 quick round test has been performed on both, also. Main difference, the XD did not melt the guide rod as the Glock did.
(but in all fairness, the Glock did shoot the last 50 rounds or so even with the ruined guide rod).

They are both remarkably good weapons, that's for sure.

- OS

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The famous 1000 quick round test has been performed on both, also. Main difference, the XD did not melt the guide rod as the Glock did.
(but in all fairness, the Glock did shoot the last 50 rounds or so even with the ruined guide rod).

They are both remarkably good weapons, that's for sure.

- OS
Watch this video of 298 rounds through a Glock 18 sub-gun, and I think you will come to the conclusion that Glock guide rods are just fine. :thumb:

300 rounds through an AK 47 is also pretty dramatic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
This link is why I bought my G21 to begin with, I had an Auto Ordnance 1911 that jammed every couple of rounds which was very frustrating. I still think Glocks are some of the ugliest guns every created but I have hundreds of rounds through mine without a single jam and I've never cleaned it. It takes the Wolf when I target shoot and never misses a beat. For anyone on the fence about a handgun I fully endorse Glock.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Watch this video of 298 rounds through a Glock 18 sub-gun, and I think you will come to the conclusion that Glock guide rods are just fine. :thumb:

YouTube - Glock 298 rounds in full auto

300 rounds through an AK 47 is also pretty dramatic.

YouTube - Burning AK47 - 300 Rounds & on Fire
everyone remotely interested in guns who knows about youtube has seen those man, I've probably seen those like 30 times, and it still doesn't get old:D:

I like glocks, a lot,

first pistol i ever shot, first experience with it was formal training so it feels right to me when i pick one up

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
You know what a real torture test is? Shooting one of these ugly fuggers in a .357 sig.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
there was a guy who did the torture test on his FAL, went like 13K rounds w/o cleaning it, soaked it in swamp water, etc. Amazing. When we first went to Glocks from .357 wheel guns, the demo at the armory involved the Glock armorer firing a G17 with the weapon submerged in a 5 gallon bucket of swamp mud/water/slime, etc. also amazing.
That'd be "Ol Dirty", and the round count is up to 14,320 rounds now. A legend over at the FalFiles. It's still using a broken gas piston spring, has a hole rusted through the gas tube and who knows how many pounds of carbon and gunk caking it's every pore.

·
Doubts Most Everything
5,618 Posts

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know what a real torture test is? Shooting one of these ugly fuggers in a .357 sig.
Ha. I have a 32C, and I shot it underneath our outdoor covered pistol roof. The muzzle blast from the comp slots made a bunch of dirt fall on my head. :D:

I'll tell you what though, I can ring the gong at 100 yard with that pistol easily because the .357 is so flat shooting. Very accurate too.

Shoot a Sig 239 in .357, and that is an adventure.

·
Shooter, Hiker, & Camper
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Smith and Wesson conformed to a Glock spec and basically copied Glock with theirs.. It would be interesting for Glock to break out of the mold and (that was a GREAT pun) manufacture a more traditional all metal gun. Id be interested to see what they would come out with, if they took this rout..

My main issue with many of the larger Glocks is they are too ugly, and feel like toys.. Don't get me wrong, I was very close to buying a Glock 30, so I'm far from a "hater"..

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I just came across this from another site, but did a search and sure enough there was this thread on it. Had to resurrect it.

If you haven't seen the site, you've got to see what this guy puts his Glock 21 through. It's pretty impressive.

·
talks to strangers....
175 Posts
I knew glocks were tough, but i'm highly impressed.

Also very impressed that the AK still was functioning after being on fire AND on full auto through so many rounds....but AKs are supposed to do that :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts