Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ahh the dummy would be me, not had a Glock, know little or nothing about them except some people (very few) swear at them, a lot of people swear by them.

Spent a little time googling bits & bobs but wondering if someone can give a rough rundown on model differences, do's and dont's, haves and stay-away-froms in general laymen's terms.

I'm in Australia which in some areas has been a dumping ground for some of the runs outs of less successful stuff now & then. Hate to be looking at a glock one day not know its the choice lemon in the barrel :)

No, it won't be a concealed weapon. I'm kinda tossing up whether or not to go this path or .357 revolver. 2 different animals I know, the .357s are simply a ton easier to get info on.

Thanks greatly in advance, cheers :)

·
Molon Labe
6,052 Posts
I love my Glocks, I have a 19,17, and a 30. My 17 is a duty weapon and the 19 and 30 are my concealed carry. I'll bet my life on them, hope this helps.

·
Experiment 626
2,311 Posts
I carry a glock 36 (subcompact .45acp). About the same size/concealability as a kimber ultracarry at less than 1/2 the price (although I concede it is not as sexy looking). It has never ONCE misfired/misfed, which is more than I think anyone can say about their $1300 Kimber.

+1 on adding the night sights... I installed a ghost ring night sight to mine and love it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The 40 caliber variations have the most recalls, and there 9mm's seem to be there best line for having the leaet issues. The others fall right inbetween. Good pistol, but I would shy away from there 40s

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now THAT was not only informative but it was all I could do to not burst out laughing!!! Ahh there's something funny about polka music, not sure what it is, perhaps it's the way it annoys so many people :D::D::D:

Thats greatly to those who've contributed so far. Been extremely helpful for me.

Thanks & best regards
The Glock Dummy :thumb:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wow I don't like Glocks personally and that's a ignorant comment. Bet you would cry if someone bashed your favorite pistol.
My post was supposed to be a humorous poke at the thread title. Failed humor I guess.

But now that you got me started, Glock is the Under Armor of handguns. Like Under Armor, Glock makes a good product. The problem is that most people buy Glocks and Under Armor because they are the hyped brands. They see "Glock", they buy it. They see "Under Armor", they buy it.

I would bet that at least 75% of Glock owners never spent any significant time with any handgun other than a Glock prior to buying their first Glock. They made an uninformed decision based on the hype, and are now lifelong fanbois that will never open their eyes to any other manufacturer. They saw Glocks on TV, fired their buddies Glock, and then bought their own Glock.

Yes, I realize there will be 52 replies from people that claim to have tried out 7 different handguns before buying their first Glock, but that doesn't disprove my point.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts