Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Glock 19 was droped on the rocks today and the barrel will not come out now, it was droped right on the end of the barrel and made a small lip on the barrel so making it not able to take out:mad:

i will try again using sandpaper to smooth the lip out....

·
Proud "Neo-Confederate"
2,124 Posts
A file would probably work better than sand paper. Maybe a dremel tool and a very steady hand perhaps.

·
Registered
645 Posts
as the others said, work the outside with a fine file. Just focus on getting to the poit to where you can extract the barrel. Then you can do your smooting work if you wish.

I always thought they said thiese guns were indestrucable. Can't you drop them from the roof of your house onto the drivway with out any problems. You should start a case against glock for false advertising, LOL. I just can't get over how ugly those pistols are, uhh

·
"Dolt"
3,265 Posts
#1 it would still put rounds down range. I dont think it would be called a bad problem, cosmetic yes.

#2 I've seen glocks dropped from 3 story buildings, thrown across parking lots, and run over with cars. I've even seen one dropped from a little bird. I have to ask, how in the hell did you nick that sucker like that?

As already stated, file slow ...

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Unload it, take to a gun store and have them ship it back to Glock for you. Let Glock make the needed repairs. Glock repair service is really great.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Sorry to hear about this and see it, even though I am not a Glock fan (XD's for me) I still understand how something like this would hurt and bother me if it happened to one of mine...

I am going to say that you may be able to smooth it out with a file, but I bet you have messed up it's accuracy. Best you can do is work on it, try it out and if it does not work like before and not hitting like before take it to a rep' gunsmith, not someone that just says they are and has a few tools...

Good luck

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a hard time doing the sandpaper thing i will have to send it back to glock but the gun shoots good....

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
...wow. had no idea that a rock could do that.

i'd say dont mess with it, send it in so you dont ruin the warrenty.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It sounds more than cosmetic. I understood them to say the barrel will not come out now. If that is true take it to a gunsmith now. I also agree with staying away from the crown. Any gun can be broken. If you don't feel comfortable with taking the gun down or can't get the barrel out then go to a smith now and have them look at it. Have far a drop was it?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It sounds more than cosmetic. I understood them to say the barrel will not come out now. If that is true take it to a gunsmith now. I also agree with staying away from the crown. Any gun can be broken. If you don't feel comfortable with taking the gun down or can't get the barrel out then go to a smith now and have them look at it. Have far a drop was it?
about 25 feet in the air in a hunting stand

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
about 25 feet in the air in a hunting stand
...damn that sucks. a pistol retintion lanyard is on the list now i'm guessing? its on mine ;) Makes you think, what would happen if that happened when your buging out and you reach down for your pistol when you need it most and its not there...

same with all gear outside of the pack.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
I doubt you hurt the barrel/accuracy. It looks like you "staked" the barrel on the outside. I cant tell by the pictures, but does the point of the dent protrude into the inside of the barrel? Sandpaper wont be rigid enough to remove the steel that is sticking up and blocking the removal from the slide. You can use a heavy grit honing stone. The black/grey one. Or a dremmel with a THICK cut-off wheel. If you have the thin ones, stack several together and use the flat side of the wheels to file it down just enough. Any competent gunsmith can cure this for you. Work only on the outside of the barrel. Dont worry about the front. After grinding/sanding the jag off, shoot it to check its accuracy. If its still accurate, dont worry about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts