Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Lux in Tenebris
7,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it goes:

Keep at it folks...

I recently bought 4 new BFG ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 for under a grand, i don't need new tires, my current ones are fine, but there is a tire shortage happening and prices have gone up.

When i asked my rep about them, discount tire had 18 in inventory, nationwide....

·
That'll be the day...
4,355 Posts
I continue to expect tire prices to sky-rocket... but it just hasn't happened. In December I purchased four, Hankooks for the wife's SUV for $165 a tire with a 70,000 mile tire warranty and they are sitting.... I probably, won't need to mount them until July or August.

I will need some new sneakers for the FJ before winter of 2022-23... and I am SOOOOO tempted to buy these Coopers right now at this incredible price.....

I might pull the trigger this weekend.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
15,549 Posts
Uncle Cooper will love you.

FWIW, the port lock down, at least IMO is not due to omicron. It is the Chinese launching another salvo in the economic war while hiding behind the covid facade.

·
That'll be the day...
4,355 Posts
My concern is not just tires for my rigs.... I have purchased multiple oil filters per vehicle, gallons of motor oil.... even transmission fluid and tranny filters.... air filters, etc.... I have a couple hundred gallons of diesel and gas that I rotate in and out....

Tires are just one little thing in the whole equation.

Of course, the day diesel and gas stop flowing.... it's game over for combustion engines.

I have sometimes though about buying an EV... 'Cause my solar panels can charge it up over time.

//////

·
Banned
315 Posts
So here is a tire executive, and he’s not saying that they expect a more severe tire shortage. Instead it seems like they are projecting pretty much about the same with things heading toward better. They are moving into new markets(!) and continuing to invest in R&D. I just don’t see the alarmism in the above posts reflected by this person in the know.

Yokohama Tire Executives Look Ahead to 2022

·
Registered
80 Posts
So it goes:

Keep at it folks...

I recently bought 4 new BFG ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 for under a grand, i don't need new tires, my current ones are fine, but there is a tire shortage happening and prices have gone up.

When i asked my rep about them, discount tire had 18 in inventory, nationwide....

KO2s on both my rigs. I have been planning on buying another set, guess I better hurry it up

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I continue to expect tire prices to sky-rocket... but it just hasn't happened. In December I purchased four, Hankooks for the wife's SUV for $165 a tire with a 70,000 mile tire warranty and they are sitting.... I probably, won't need to mount them until July or August.

I will need some new sneakers for the FJ before winter of 2022-23... and I am SOOOOO tempted to buy these Coopers right now at this incredible price.....

View attachment 410615
Your FJ takes the same size as my Tahoe. Nice.

·
Jackpine Savage
6,126 Posts

View attachment 410615
That's a really good price on a really good tire. If you're worried about shortages later I would jump on it. Thankfully I have good rubber on both of our rides.

·
Registered
15,549 Posts
Question that may not have been asked is which ports are closed? China has 34 major ports, 10 of those are primary. And around 2000 or so minor ports.

So, which ports, and where in proximity to Taiwan. Conspiracy theory? Possibly? China possibly loading up for a trip across the strait?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts