Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Unable to read or comprehend rules.
1,318 Posts
That seems random.... What was the context that he was using when he brought up the episode? What was he talking about?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That seems random.... What was the context that he was using when he brought up the episode? What was he talking about?
To tell you the truth I don't remember what the context was, maybe someone else here was listening and can remember it? I think his point was that people are always criticizing people who prepare for disasters but then when something actually happens they are all going to be helpless and at your doorstep and will do whatever it takes to survive.

·
Left the building
9,363 Posts
The episode aired I believe in '61? In the 50's people were building shelters, because of the belief that a nuclear war was possible, or immanent with Russia.

The doc gave away his OPSEC for sure. You guys might find the revival episodes from the 80's interesting as well. An interesting ending.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
What I hate the most of this episode is the total lack of decency of the Dr. friends. Once they ask and he says" sorry there's not enough room". No one grabs his wife and says "lets go". She replies "what are we going to do"? He replies "all we can in the time we have". No they give into panic and becomes animals. Sure some will act this way. But not the majority. Really all you preppers when you look and your friends who don't prep or even those who do but haven't achieved the same level as you. Do you expect all of them to attack you when the SHTF?

I don't think I'm the only one here with a sense of personal honor and courage that would prevent me from crossing that line.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
he was talking about our credit rating getting downgraded and to prepare for hard times and he mentioned that to show how those of us who do prepare will be looked at by the sheep.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
he has a jackalope in his shelter. LOL

So here is where they lost me... a man ironing his pants and its not for work?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts