Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wide awake
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/16171/

I was listening to Glenn on the radio a few days ago, and he said the best thing Americans can do is stock up on food and whatever items they think they may need over the next year or so (including clothing, shoes, etc.). I was shocked someone in the media actually voiced that over the airwaves! :eek:

I do think this mess goes even deeper than we are being told. Hubby and I pulled his 401k out (from a previous job) almost 3 weeks ago (thank God!), and paid our house off, plus started more serious preps than we already had in the works. I know everyone talks about bugging out, but we're staying put as long as possible. We live in a small town where almost everyone has a gun, and neighbors generally help one another. We have enough land we can grow most of what we need, and are looking at digging a well for backup water. I don't think at this point it's possible to be too prepared.

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
Yes, Glenn is telling the truth on air. Shocked me too.

Even that Mad Money guy who screams, which i don't usually watch, but he said everyone should get out of stocks because they're heading further south, and stay out for the next 5 years, staying in liquid cash.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Glen Beck,

Is dead on the mark. Back when I watched tv I used to get up at 3am to watch his show everyday. He has been on the illegals and economy for as long as he has had a show. He is a true conservative that may not have all the answers, but he tries to find out the truth, and tells it like it is.

Keep your senses sharp and your weapons loaded and ready.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i think you missed the boat on that, he has been talking about this for a year
Yes I know.. And it was still too late.

I think he started to wake up when Ron Paul was on last year and gave him a doozie of an interview.. I give Glenn credit for giving Ron the credit he is due.. Once again, too late

·
DIY RPG's
1,667 Posts
glenn has been awake for 2 years now ihe called another great depression 2 years ago
hes on now see what he has to say cause hes telling people to wake up right now

·
Registered
401 Posts
I can't stand watching Glenn Beck and usually turn the channel when he comes on CNN.

Still, the two "letters" he wrote on the subject ("what happened" and "what's coming") where some of the best I've seen thus far.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Momma I just wanted to know, have you made alternative plans for retirement funds?

Its so hard these days to know where to put your money. Real Estate is out unless you are already wealthy enough to wait out the dismal market until it turns around.

What can the ordinary middle to lower income guy do these days to save? Inflation is soaring so stuffing the mattress is out.

Im at a loss.

·
wide awake
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hubby has a different job with many years of work ahead, so we figure we'll deal with retirement later on. We feel like we have a major financial crisis NOW and just surviving the next few years is more important than when we hit retirement.

I have no faith at all in the retirement options currently offered. Discount stores sell Mason jars dirt cheap which is better than the banks at the moment, but honestly - we're prepping all we can and that's the best insurance anyone can do for now. We both feel our money is not going to be worth anything by the time it's all said and done. Buy food, ammo, more guns, seeds, hoes, rakes, shovels, lumber, medical supplies, clothing, whatever it takes to get you through the next few years.

We'll probably work until we die, and contributing money to a retirement fund that is worth less than what you even put in is just nuts given the current market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts