·
Victory Loves Preparation
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glenn Beck’s Wife Attacked in NYC Park
Tuesday, 28 Jun 2011 05:46 PM
By Hiram Reisner

Share: More . . . A A | Email Us | Print | Forward Article

Glenn Beck says his family was accosted while watching a movie in a New York City park Monday night. On his radio show and his website today, Beck described the incident and said an angry moviegoer kicked a glass of wine onto his wife Tania’s back, and as she got up to walk away, a man shouted: “We hate conservatives here.”

“We didn’t leave. My staff this morning said: ‘Why didn’t you leave right away.’ That was uncomfortable,” Beck said, as he described the incident, which occurred while he and his family were watching a screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s “The 39 Steps” in New York’s Bryant Park. “I said because I have a right to watch a movie and enjoy a movie with my family in the park. I have a right.”

Beck said while he doesn’t expect “a warm welcome in New York City,” what bothered him “was the cowardly behavior of the hateful crowd,” he wrote on his website, glennbeck.com.

“Courage doesn’t come from a bag or a bottle — courage doesn’t come in mobs,” Beck said. “Courage comes alone, quietly. You won’t be drunk and you won’t be in a mob at the ultimate test of courage. You will be alone.

“It’s mob mentality,” he said. “People are braver when it’s in a bag or a bottle, and when they’re in the majority. All I can think of about the people around me all night is that I feel sorry for you — I really feel sorry for you.

"You are so arrogant and so convinced that you are absolutely 100 percent right and you are helping build a system that is fueled by hate.

“I swear to you I think, if I had suggested, and I almost did, ‘Wow, does anybody have a rope? Because there’s tree here. You could just lynch me.’ And I think there would have been a couple in the crowd that would have.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/.../2011/06/28/id/401794?s=al&promo_code=C85C-1#

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I read about this today also. Somehow this just does not make a lot of sense to me. Glenn Beck is a TV personality and has a whole bunch of people who like him. Because of his views he also has a whole lot of people who do not like him. He is someone that the average American would recognize on site. I say all of this to ask, did he and his family just go to this movie all alone?

I am not wealthy so I do not know how these things are done. A google search indicated than Beck earned 32 Million dollars in 2009. I bet he has earned more than that each year since. If you were Beck would you have taken your wife and children into that type of setting without any personal bodyguards? It just does not sound legit!:rolleyes:

·
Feldwebel
1,331 Posts
I read about this today also. Somehow this just does not make a lot of sense to me. Glenn Beck is a TV personality and has a whole bunch of people who like him. Because of his views he also has a whole lot of people who do not like him. He is someone that the average American would recognize on site. I say all of this to ask, did he and his family just go to this movie all alone?

I am not wealthy so I do not know how these things are done. A google search indicated than Beck earned 32 Million dollars in 2009. I bet he has earned more than that each year since. If you were Beck would you have taken your wife and children into that type of setting without any personal bodyguards? It just does not sound legit!:rolleyes:
I don't know if it is legit or not - but he is NUTS to go about in NYC with his family and NO physical protection(bodyguard)!! There are about 9 million some-odd people in NYC, and a good majority likely believe him to be the anti-christ. Whether it is fair or "hateful" or not, you need to be realistic about these things and protect your family first of all. Wierd...

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Beck definitely travels with some serious security. His security detail is apparently very professional. A glass of wine kicked on your wife and a mouthy A-hole doesn't necessarily constitute a threat. I'd image that his security people recommended he go but Beck chose not to. Don't know for sure, just an educated guess.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Beck definitely travels with some serious security. His security detail is apparently very professional. A glass of wine kicked on your wife and a mouthy A-hole doesn't necessarily constitute a threat. I'd image that his security people recommended he go but Beck chose not to. Don't know for sure, just an educated guess.
good because if you know IF they had reacted the news would have been all over beck's 'heavy handed private army'

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Do you remember in 2006 when Jenna Bush had her purse and cell phone stolen while traveling in Argentina? She was sitting in a restaurant at the time. How do you suppose the secret service agents explained that one?:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
What a wimp.

Years ago my then girlfriend (now wife of 11 years) wear suddenly swarmed by a mass of older teen agers at an outdoor Seattle concert Bummper shoot 99. They began toss bottles at us, so I grabed her and punched some dude in the face, grabbed another dude and used him as a battering ram and cleared a path running over a lot of people.

Glen Beck is a wimp, I would like to use another word, but I wont. O'l Glenny should have busted the dudes face.

·
Banned
118 Posts
some liberal metro sexual kicks a glass of wine on his wife and he does nothing. he probly cried right then and there.

I'm not a Beck follower, I don't watch him, don't care one way or the other. But that statement by you is really just so phuckin stupid and shallow that I can't believe you would waste the two minutes it took to comment.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I wonder just how many conservatives will die after the 2012 elections, if a republican wins.
The liberals are running out of names to call us so now the only trick they have is to start killing us, but that's not any different than what other liberals have done in the past.

·
Feldwebel
1,331 Posts
According to Beck, it was more than one mouthy a-hole. But now that I listened to the radio broadcast, he DID have security, but it's not clear what if any involvement they had. It sounds pretty much like a few drunken d-bags being d-bags... pretty common in NYC really, whether your Beck or not:D:

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
What a wimp.

Years ago my then girlfriend (now wife of 11 years) wear suddenly swarmed by a mass of older teen agers at an outdoor Seattle concert Bummper shoot 99. They began toss bottles at us, so I grabed her and punched some dude in the face, grabbed another dude and used him as a battering ram and cleared a path running over a lot of people.

Glen Beck is a wimp, I would like to use another word, but I wont. O'l Glenny should have busted the dudes face.

Reactions: Basic Human Unit

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I heard this report today on his show. I think its pathetic that a bunch of people acted so rudely just because they dont have the same political views. He and his daughter had talked over the years about going to see an outdoor movie in the park, and it just happened to be one of his favorite kind of movies. New Yorkers should be ashamed of themselves, and others witnessing the harassment are just as guilty for not standing up for his family. I dont attack or verbally abuse people with political views different from my own. People need to grow up!

·
Banned
12,043 Posts
In a bag or bottle what? What a wuss. He sounds like the actors who whine when the Paparrazi follow them. If he wants to rant and cry like a loon amidst piles of scribbled chalk boards, then he needs to accept what comes with it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
What a wimp.

And he would look like the attacker in the media. This is a loosing path. Basically, throwing a temper tantrum. He's not you or I. Punching someone in the mouth (or having your security do it) has entirely different ramifications for him.

No, Beck did the right thing. Like pawns on a chess board, he just pushed another piece forward...

·
Tell the truth, coward.
15,585 Posts
I think they got the wrong Beck. Seems odd they couldn't tell which beck was which when they kicked the glass over.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
well if he had any sense he wouldnt be there.thats why crazy folks want to blow the place up. thats crash into country. stay in fly over country

·
I am Jody
2,203 Posts
What a wimp.

Well aint you the BA!!! Now run along and share your BS with someone that will believe you!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts