Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Proud American Patriot
2,401 Posts
Whether or not this is it, such a massive world population, mostly packed together in cities, and together with massive travel, make some kind of serious worldwide plague very likely. I have no doubt there has been much experimenting on bio-weapons going on at least since WWII, so that adds to the possibility.

The best protection from it is probably to avoid population centers, and have plenty of supplies on hand in case the place you normally go for supplies gets hit.

I think political correctness could make it hard to impose quarantines. If a town populated mostly by white people gets hit quarantining it would be easy because it would not violate the doctrines of the official state religion. But if an area populated by first class citizens gets hit, quarantining it would be called discrimination and said to be based in racism, which is a mortal sin and therefore not allowed.

I've worked in radiation areas in nuclear power plants many times so I have an idea of what it takes to stop the spread of radioactive contamination. My guess is stopping the spread of bio contamination would be a lot harder.

There needs to be clean areas cordoned off from unclean areas and the seal must not be breached, because one breach by bio contaminants could infect the entire area. The bigger the area is the harder this obviously is.

Handwashing is very useful toward this end, but in the case of a plague with airborne contamination it's probably insufficient. You need to be sealed off from the outside environment when you are in an unclean area.

You need a respirator with the right kind of filter, preferably full face (and remember that a beard will keep a respirator from forming a good seal). Probably a plastic suit, boots, and gloves, tape for all the openings (wrists, ankles, around the respirator) and a means to hose them down with a bleach solution before taking them off and entering a clean area.

After leaving a contaminated area and removing our anti-contamination clothes we went over ourselves with a radiation monitor, and sometimes we found that even in spite of what seem like extreme measures we still got contaminated. I don't know how or even if that can be done with bio contamination.

The best protection might be to just keep yourself as healthy as you can. The most devastating plague is one that only kills some of its victims, because dead victims do not spread the disease (assuming they are disposed of correctly, which probably includes cremation). So being healthy might just mean you are one of the ones that survive the disease even if you catch it.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,282 Posts
It's interesting to note that the math does not work.

1) China would never quarantine 56 million people for 41 deaths.
2) China is massively under reporting the sick.
3) The number of cases that have spread to other countries can't possibly stem directly from 1400 sick Chinese. Even if it were contagious on sight alone, there is no way 1400 remote Chinese came anywhere near contact with the many hundreds of sick that traveled to other countries. Such numbers would indicate that 500,000,000 Chinese migrate in just 2 weeks.

The numbers point to hundreds of thousands of carriers, out of 1.4 Billion Chinese, just to infect a few travelers.

That number also seems in keeping with the current panic in China.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Second that, the history of their government being so quiet/secretive for so long tells me that they are up to their eyeballs in alligators.
Chit dun gone sideways, it’s bad!

“you need to move out here. I work much cheaper”, tedlovesjeeps71 ; 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so spelling is probably horrible.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I claim that when what the Chinese authorities tell us walks like BS, talks like BS, smells like BS and oozes in inconsistent nonsensical incoherent puddles like liquified BS slurry - it is BS.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
For that they quarantine 60 million + people?
makes absolute sense if the Chinese are trying to cull their own population....

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,282 Posts
It seems to be maintaining a death rate of over 2.5%. That's comparable to the Spanish flu during WW1.
That does not seem to be the case at all.

76 dead, less than 50 recovered, the rest are still sick. Death rate numbers so far seem to be well over 50%

·
Generator Wrangler
3,824 Posts
The global mortality rate from the 1918–1919, Spanish Flu pandemic is not known, but an estimated 10% to 20% of those who were infected died. With about a third of the world population infected, this case-fatality ratio means 3% to 6% of the entire global population died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.