Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom and I enjoy watching tv together at night when nothing is going on and we usually end up watchin a Ghost show of somekind. Whether it be Ghost Hunters [TAPS], Ghostly Encounters or a ghost show on the Travel Channel. Cant think of the name of it.

In high school, I've done a few places with very little luck. Maybe it was my equipment, maybe it was the place I was in. Not too sure. I enjoy this kind of stuff because proving someone wrong is always fun.

Now, I'm just wondering who else had a small group, or maybe even large group, get together and actually try to contact with spirits, appritions, or whatever you want to call it?

I'm a believer, although I do not have a SET religion. I dont go to church or anything, but I do believe in ghosts/spirits/etc.

So, if you have done anything like this, post up any experiences you may have done.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
My experience is all here at www.missouriparanormal.net
Bassman, chill the cheesy music on your site. It is a good site, well put together, but the music is rather annoying.

Have you checked out the Spook Light near Joplin, Mo?
I have seen it...sorta cool, sorta creepy. I lived on North Sargent in Joplin in a very haunted house. Never really bothered me, but the family that moved in after I moved out lasted all of 4 days before they literally ran out screaming in the middle of the night. I had seen and heard things, but <shrug> it didn't scare me as much as interested me.

There's a paranormal group in Joplin, I worked with the couple that run it.
The *primo* paranormal investigation *brass ring* in the Joplin area is Jane Chin Hospital in Webb City. Now closed with half of it renovated into a nursing home, it has been the one place loads of investigators have tried to get into. Unfortunately, no one has gotten permission. Before these owners got it, there had been numerous accounts of old gurneys and wheelchairs moving by themselves, sounds of weeping on the second floor and apparitions.

I worked with a few groups over the years. Saw some stuff, heard some stuff. Never got scared.

·
Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh
1,366 Posts
There is SO much evidence that there is more than our paultry existence, whether it be different dimensions or 'spirit' or whatever. We need more people to be 'interested' in these kind of things....but do some research into what you may be dealing with first. Go to some spiritualist 'meetings' and express you self there and learn and soak in what you can.
Learn some Reiki. Learn some protection.
Then go and Ghosthunt.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
There is no such thing as ghosts--only demons. It's not something people should mess around with. If I were you, I'd stay far, far away.
That's bull. Not that I'm all into this ghost stuff, but I know for a fact that not all are demons. I don't care to go any deeper in on the subject.

But I do find ghost hunting to be both freaky and fun. :thumb:

SOLIDUS

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
There is no such thing as ghosts--only demons. It's not something people should mess around with. If I were you, I'd stay far, far away.
Hehe.. Are you sure about that?
Come and live in our summer house for a week or so and maybe you might see things a little different. If not, you'd still walk away with a whole bunch of unanswered questions!

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
my whole problem with ghost hunting, is proper identification and preparation. Heck, do you have any idea how burnt a poltergeist gets if you cook it the same way a a run on the mill spook? And forget crossing the streams, then they just turn into mashmallow goop.

;)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Ok, so far here in Norway, I've been "ghost hunting" with a friend a couple of times. Primarily in Rygge in Østfold. There's a place called Verne Kloster. It was built around a few hundred years ago. Priests and nuns lived there, now it's a house.

But throughout the wars in Norway, it's seen it's fair share of action. There's said that there's a tree (been there) which was used to burn a nun. It's a big old tree, and the inside is completley hollow and black from an old fire.

There's also a grave from "Lentmannen" who went crazy(?) in the 17/1800's and ended up killing his children and wife, then himself. They're not located too far away, but since it's on private property, we've never been there.

But there's a ton of ghost stories from these parts, I've seen my fair share as well on the few times out there. Not only that, on a foggy night, you just get that "hollywood horror movie" feel. :p

Almost forgot the two most creepy stories of the Verne Kloster area,

1.) It's said, that a pair of children shoes will cross the street. If you see these, you need to stop else the spirit of the child who owns the shoes will haunt/kill you.

2.) In the 70's or 80's, there was an excavation of the area, there's a couple of old tunnels the priests and nuns would use to excape advancing armies. Well, one of them, the longest, collapsed. Here, a guy found an opening into the tunnel. He entered wanting to see if there was any use of excavating the area. But when he came out again, he was pretty much crazy. My friend has the news clipping, I'll see if I can't get a scan of that and post it.

Here's a picture of Verne Kloster in it's hayday:

There's also a ton of viking graves and sites around there too.

SOLIDUS

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
There is a relatively modern brick ranch style house about 25 miles from me that is haunted. My guess is it is no older than 40 years old.

The house is 3500 square feet (5 bedrooms, 3 baths) and has been bought and sold over 600 times in the past 30 years. The property includes 3 acres of land and overall is a very nice looking house, but no one will live there.

The current asking price is less than 40,000 dollars and no one locally will even consider buying it. Everyone that has bought it over the past 10 years at least has been from out of state. None of them have been able to live there for more than a month.

One person bought the house and paid to have an exorcism performed there but they still wont live in the house.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
my whole problem with ghost hunting, is proper identification and preparation. Heck, do you have any idea how burnt a poltergeist gets if you cook it the same way a a run on the mill spook? And forget crossing the streams, then they just turn into mashmallow goop.

;)
I don't have names or quasi scientific terms for it. I have absolutely no idea whats going on, but what I am absolutely sure about is that I am never alone whenever I am there. Sometimes it seems the whole place is alive. There are sounds, things moving out of their place for no good reason, electronic equipment switching on without anyone being present and many other strange things happening. As a kid I hated going there because of everything happening. Today I sometimes find it annoying when my stuff suddenly disappear for a while, but at the same time its kinda cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts