Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I want is a good, general prupose, sturdy fixed blade knife with about a 5" blade and a hatchet that will last and do what a hatchet is supposed to do fitting in about a $60 budget. Self defense with these is not much of an issue with me. There is too much good information here! I prefer American made but am not married to it. I've looked at Marttiini hard and of course Gerber, Buck, Cold Steel, SOG, MTech and Boker mostly.

Now, I'm an old guy so don't start in talking to me like I'm a snot nosed kid!:D:

I don't even see a reason for a reply. This subject has been beat all to hell and back. I'm just venting I guess. Did y'all know Wally World sold SOG? They also have the ugly gerber. Who'd a thunk it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
$60 is do-able but thats a bit low for a budget. The best all purpose knife for reasonable price would have to be the Becker BK2 in my opinion, gonna run you between $80 and $90 though. good luck

·
Answer Is No
538 Posts
Is that $60 for both or $60 for knife and $60 for hatchet? If it's $60 over all then Marttinni knife and Fiskers hatchet. Heck even if it's $120 total answer would probably be the same, but I'm a tight wad so I like the wood handle Mora's better. I'ld buy three of them and a Fiskers hatchet for less than $60 and might even have enough money left to get some Kydex and make a decent scabbard for both.
Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Condor Rodon for $25 from SMKW
and a roofer hammer/hand axe from Lowe's or Home Depot $30 can't beat the price or the duo for any money hardly
SMOKEY MOUNTAIN KNIFE WORKS!!!! My life just got sooooo much easier. Why did I think there were good deals on ebay? My $60 budget is huge. I didn't think I'd be able to get a mora. I've seen where people say on here that they can get a hatchet and 3 so and so knives for the same price. I see why now. :thumb:

·
Registered
250 Posts
SMOKEY MOUNTAIN KNIFE WORKS!!!! My life just got sooooo much easier. Why did I think there were good deals on ebay? My $60 budget is huge. I didn't think I'd be able to get a mora. I've seen where people say on here that they can get a hatchet and 3 so and so knives for the same price. I see why now. :thumb:
Not bad for a snot nose kid:thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got my Becker bk2, $68.95 shipped to the door don't think you can go wrong with this knife does weigh 1lb but helps chopping I'll tell you I love this thing already I would deffinetly consider, good luck.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I found my hatchet in a yard sale no handle to speak of but about 60 years old still pretty sharp even though rusted badly, cleaned it up got a new hickory handle and its better than almost anything out there today and all total it cost me under $10. Unless you just have to have new check out flea markets you can find some oldies but goodies for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A mora knife if your traditional. Add a Gerber hatchet, and you're set.

Now, if you want a more suitable setup for a bit more:

Kabar (50 bucks) and an Estwing hatchet (35ish)

Either set up will get you through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts