Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just pondering 'worse case scenarios'. Do you think its worth getting official hard copies of stock certificates? I have a couple stocks that I'm tempted to get copies on. Costs $50 a piece. But I figured they could come in handy 30 years form now.... Your thoughts??? I figured everything being stored digitally has its drawbacks.

(My mother in law was talking about that movie 'Blast From the Past' the otehr night and it made me think of it :rolleyes: )

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,558 Posts
Hard copies will be worth just as much as money when the economy crashes... it'll be just fancy toilet paper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You still have money in the stock market? I would get hard copies (gold and silver that is). The stock market is due for a major, forced overhaul. All I can say is remember the 1930's when that money is gone and the hard copy is in the out house. As always YMMV S/H
It was a bunch of cheaper stocks that took a pretty big hit before I could get it out. Now it's not worth it to pull it. When it hit the penny range I got a few thousand shares because I really think the company has some great potential if everything doesn't go completely down the crapper. Not a huge loss, just thought having hard proof might come in handy some day. Believe the stuff I've managed to salvage will go into "harder" assets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts