Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"Survivalist since Birth"
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I had made a similar post before...but things got to busy and I wasnt able to keep up with it. This is my new post that I will make daily after every work out. Will be posting the results of my workout that I will be performing in about 1 hr.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
How much time do you have before boot camp?

You need to check out crossfit.com

There is now a crossfit program at Camp Pendleton. This is direction that the Corp is going with it's physical training. It would behoove you to be as familiar with it as possible before you get there.

Bill

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
dont let them know what kind of shape you are in they will just work you harder.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am already in great shape and I am anticipating the award of a 4 year ROTC Scholarhip. As such I dont have a "ship out date" just a date where I begin training at college for 4 years prior to attendance at OCS.

Normally I dont assume things (ass of u and me yes I know) but I have a massive resume, tons of ecr's, 500+ hours community service, and recc letters from multiple state senators and house reps. As such I am anticipating the scholarship.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it would also be worth noting that I failed in my attempt to "bulk up" I am now able to bench my body weight and have increased my STRENGTH but after taking in 12,000 calories for over 1.5 months, eating the good stuff, and exercising daily...I have just come to accept that I have what my doc reffered to as a top 5% ectomorphic body type.

A.k.a...your metabolism is like a damn drag racer, eat whatever you want, and enjoy it while it lasts. In addition, this will slow down in the future, unless I am the 1/500,000 person who will forever be able to eat whatever they desire.

So, either way its a win win...so I will either be able to eat whatever I desire or I will be able to bulk up.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Semper, youre first day's PT in the marines will be something like this...

3 miles run, followed by breakfast.

Pushups and situps, continually for probably 2 or 3 hours. Lunch.

More pushups and more situps, followed by another 2 or 3 miles run.

Thats the first day and it gets more difficult every day thereafter.

No matter what shape you are in, you will be completely exhausted for pretty much the first week or two youre there.

Good luck.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Semper, youre first day's PT in the marines will be something like this...

3 miles run, followed by breakfast.

Pushups and situps, continually for probably 2 or 3 hours. Lunch.

More pushups and more situps, followed by another 2 or 3 miles run.

Thats the first day and it gets more difficult every day thereafter.

No matter what shape you are in, you will be completely exhausted for pretty much the first week or two youre there.

Good luck.
Indeed, I most definately plan on being pushed to the limit continuously and then some.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Day 2

3x5 Bench Press 160 lbs (I weight 142)
3x5 Squat 180 lbs
2x20 Pushups
2x50 Crunches
1.93 Mile Run 10:00-Treadmill

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Day 3

MMA Fight and Training 1 hour 45 min
Suicide Sprints
2x7 Pullups Unassisted
2x10 Assisted Machine Pullups
1 Mile run 7:00

Considering I got tenderized like a piece o steak tonight (I still won via submission) I might take a day or 3 off.

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didnt record a few workouts but for the sake of uniformity.

Workout Day 4

.5 mile run 3 min 32 sec
2x10 unassisted pullups
3x10 assisted (slow going up and down for increased strength)
3x5 benchpress

All that had to be done in under 20 min as I had to haul arse for other tasks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe its a good thing you havent bulked up like you want to. I read a book on the Navy Seals and the author went to training with a lot of muscular guys who thought it would be a breeze. He said they were very muscular and strong but so physically heavy they lacked the endurance of "weaker" yet lighter men to pull their excess weight around.
You must know how relatively light and compact muscles are compared to the same weight of fat, if you are at around your "normal weight" for your height maybe you dont need to bulk up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts