Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I just found out how to get others thinking about disaster preps without giving away OPSEC. Below is a link posted by Cuppycake that got me thinking:

<<Saw this advertised on facebook just now:

http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is10a.asp

considering all the posts about pets and livestock, this is something worth checking out.>>

I started this course. So far, it's acquainting the student with the organizational structure of agencies who handle a disaster aftermath. When I checked into our county's animal disaster plans, I heard "the Red Cross wants a list of who all has pets/livestock." Sounds like our community needs a comprehensive plan. How about yours?

I have been feeling led to help community preparedness but not wanted to give up OPSEC. Perhaps this is just the avenue. One can be a "crazy dog person" without necessarily being "that crazy prepper." Once people think about being prepared to care for their beloved pets in a disaster, perhaps they will take steps to be prepared themselves so they can stay/return home and not have to send their pets to an animal shelter or worse yet, let the animals fend for themselves should the owners have to evacuate.

What do you all think? Would this preserve personal OPSEC?

·
1,313 Posts
If you feel led to do this then by all means give it a try. Knowledge is the key to sucessful survival. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts