Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.abcguard.de/

If you're in Europe, have the cash and the land for it would you order one?
It's only 89000 euros (roughly $120000) for the most basic unit.:thumb:

What do you guys think?

·
A friend of the Site
1,966 Posts
Nice looking set up, if you are in an area that will allow you to be below grade

·
Mourning Wolf
248 Posts
They look well made, but over all far, far to small for extended habitability. (beyond a few days) Looking at the basic model I see precious little storage room for food and water let alone medical supplies, clothing, or personal hygiene equipment.

At that price one could contract or build by themselves a larger living space with the necessary accommodation's for 4 people to bunker down for a much longer period of time.
(they also fail to detail just what the emergency power supply runs off of, and how easy it is to access/refuel)

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
http://www.abcguard.de/

If you're in Europe, have the cash and the land for it would you order one?
It's only 89000 euros (roughly $120000) for the most basic unit.:thumb:

What do you guys think?
If I had the cash for that now, yes I would. Otherwise if/when necessary would just break through the concrete fillings on closed underground ones that the majority of folk have no clue exist.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Would love to have seen a picture. I navigated through the link provided but didn't see that actual structure...just a lot of discussion concerning the structure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jackson:

although these are concept drawings. Either this company never actually built such a shelter or they respect the privacy of their clients.

Another couple of points: what about wastedisposal? I briefly glanced through that site, but I couldn't find anything like a septictank.

Point 2: let's say I have such an underground piece of equipment. A nuke goes off in the northern regions of the Netherlands (where I live) and the ***** get blown to kingdom come.

What then? You survive the blast and fallout just to drown in your shelter because of flooding? Ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's the best underground shelter U.S. manufacturer that I've found. When I get the money I'm getting one of these shelters ( www.disastershelters.net/shelters.php ). For the cost of a small home. You can even have additions added on. Check out the Swiss vault door. I would probably just live down in it most of the time anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts