Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my Gerber knife yesterday. looking forward to taking the sons out and giving this bad boy a try. seems fairly sharp hope it will stand up to regular use. one issue is the sheath not very aesthetic and seems somewhat clumsy for quick access for the knife. maybe i'll just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is i think one of the best Gerber fixed blade survival knives it's thick and holds an edge just great for the woods.

·
Knife Nut
131 Posts
Ok after seeing several threads on this blade I decided to test it. I left all my other blades at home while in the great piney woods for the weekend with my boys and nephew. I used the Big rock for all camp tasks. Feather sticks, kindling, cutting food, skinning one rabbit, cuting a boar(yes i washed it), carving spear points and then cutting the tip off to blunt it, and any other task a group of boys needed it for. Now this is just my opinion, but I felt it held up well for a blade in its price range. No its not a carbon steel knife, but the edge held well and it sharpened easy with arkansas stone. I originally bought this for my son then i bought two more for my vehical kits(lots of salty air on the coast) so I would not have to ruin my expensive carbon blades. I think if all you can afford is a 30 to 40 dollar blade or you just need a couple of back up blades this one is a winner. P.s. the sheath is crap but servicable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Drew

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have been looking at it as well almost bought it twice. If it where only carbon steel I would be sold both times. Does any one know of a knife like it with carbon steel around the same price?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts