Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Yeah, I know, Celente doesn't have the clout around here that he once did,but I honestly still believe many of his predictions are simply 'ahead of their time', so to speak. Just like in the old fable about the boy who cried wolf....the wolf DOES eventually come ;).
Celente paints a very scary picture here, but one that I honestly and unfortunately feel is accurate.

http://lewrockwell.com/slavo/slavo49.1.html

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
Pfft..................20,000 troops couldn't even cover Rhode Island.
I remember seeing a YouTube video in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, of an old woman being dogpiled in her own home by police officers because she had a revolver. Who rushed to help her? Twenty-thousand troops would go a hell of a lot farther than you think.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I remember seeing a YouTube video in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, of an old woman being dogpiled in her own home by police officers because she had a revolver. Who rushed to help her? Twenty-thousand troops would go a hell of a lot farther than you think.
Doubtful, not all of us are elderly old ladies, badge or no badge a foe is a foe ansd will be dealt with accordingly, PERIOD.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
There are 43,000 zipcodes in the US. So each guy covers two zipcodes for the purposes of "economic collapse and civil unrest"?
You don't understand how "pacification" works. You pacify one small area at a time. When you're done, you place a maintenance skeleton of troops in place.

That being said, 20000 is nowhere near the real number of troops assigned to domestic operation, or soon to be. That's just the number produced for public consumption...

·
Survivus most anythingus
3,874 Posts
There are 43,000 zipcodes in the US. So each guy covers two zipcodes for the purposes of "economic collapse and civil unrest"?
Yep! That's exactly how it's going to come down!

Doubtful, not all of us are elderly old ladies, badge or no badge a foe is a foe ansd will be dealt with accordingly, PERIOD.
Well, that's good because while people like you are dying, some good people can be running.

·
Gone for Good
2,899 Posts
Maybe 3 million troops could maintain some low level order. But the person giving the orders may have to consider the chance that the latest weapons and equipment may fall into the hands of the people they are fearing.

When the authority and aims of the leaders are in question they may be surprised how easily their enforcers switch sides. We have a population full of recent combat vets who have influence and a lot in common with any troops they use on the population.

Any misuse of troops could cause more trouble than expected.

Red

·
Free Your Mind
982 Posts
I will protect what is dear to me and mine. Do we really think our honorable troops would fire on defensive civilians? A possible scenario, but I think unlikely.

Quote DBR: "Well, that's good because while people like you are dying, some good people can be running."

And if it all falls apart, and "people like you are dying", where are the "good people" running to?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would think a more accurate picture would be the 20,000 troops controlling access/movement in, to and around the areas hit hardest by civil unrest while the local and federal LEO's that are already in place "clean house".

It really doesn't take that much to set up a road block and that is most likely what the military would be used for (in my opinion.. could be wrong). 20,000 could stop a lot of movement if a quarentine were placed on a city or cerfew enforced.

I think its also important to recognize that those troops would most likely be used in major cities only. It would really be a waste of resources from their perspective to deploy them to remote/sparsly populated areas... Which is why that's where we should be! :thumb:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I will protect what is dear to me and mine. Do we really think our honorable troops would fire on defensive civilians? A possible scenario, but I think unlikely.

There's actually a clip on Alex Jones's documentary "Police State II" (I think that's the one..) where they show training videos of US troops doing training and the actors are saying things like "I'm an American!" (as they take the "American" away). -Scary!

·
Premium Member
12,716 Posts
Pfft..................20,000 troops couldn't even cover Rhode Island.
exactly right, impossible to subdue by force or law the most armed populace in world history........just what the founding fathers knew could happen and put inplace safeguards jic.
besides
american troops fresh from 10 years of war against our enemys are not going to round up or harass their own citizenry,we got to give these folks more credit than that.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
exactly right, impossible to subdue by force or law the most armed populace in world history........just what the founding fathers knew could happen and put inplace safeguards jic.
besides
american troops fresh from 10 years of war against our enemys are not going to round up or harass their own citizenry,we got to give these folks more credit than that.
They did it at Kent State. They shot blindly into the crowd and killed four students who weren't even protesting. Many were wounded, I know of one who is still paralyzed and is confined to a wheel chair for life.

·
Premium Member
12,716 Posts
They did it at Kent State. They shot blindly into the crowd and killed four students who weren't even protesting. Many were wounded, I know of one who is still paralyzed and is confined to a wheel chair for life.
come on guy, kent state? well, i suppose you could throw in watts aswell but that was a completely different time, the unconstitutional suspension of civil rights and the use of military/law enforcement to inforce it across the nation will only inflame the situation, we have been fighting for ten years to stomp out the taliban, a force of only perhaps 20,000 poorly trained fighters and we are pulling out.
the lowest number i could find is an estimated 80 million gun owners here in the u.s.
bad idea thinking they or who ever can control all that by law or force.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
come on guy, kent state? well, i suppose you could throw in watts aswell but that was a completely different time, the unconstitutional suspension of civil rights and the use of military/law enforcement to inforce it across the nation will only inflame the situation, we have been fighting for ten years to stomp out the taliban, a force of only perhaps 20,000 poorly trained fighters and we are pulling out.
the lowest number i could find is an estimated 80 million gun owners here in the u.s.
bad idea thinking they or who ever can control all that by law or force.
" Those who forget the past, are condemed to repeat it."

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
American troops have fired on armed and unarmed citizens several times in our history . Kent state is just one example . Soldiers are trained to take orders ! Some will not pull the trigger - most will !
80 million gun owners dosen't mean crap . A bunch of untrained , unorganized civilians toting mostly hunting rifles , shotguns and handguns would have absolutely no chance of surviving any confrontations with our highly trained millitary and the awsome firepower they have = tanks , planes , helocopters , drones , macine guns , miniguns , etc. . It wouldn't be like the revolutionary war when civilians grabbed their muskets to fight the British . It wouldn't be like that stupid movie , Red Dawn . Get over it ! It's a fantacy !
As for Gerald Celente - I think there is a possability what he predicts might happen , sooner or later , sometime in the future . But I think most of his predictions are extreme , worst case scenarios .

·
Premium Member
12,716 Posts
American troops have fired on armed and unarmed citizens several times in our history . Kent state is just one example . Soldiers are trained to take orders ! Some will not pull the trigger - most will !
80 million gun owners dosen't mean crap . A bunch of untrained , unorganized civilians toting mostly hunting rifles , shotguns and handguns would have absolutely no chance of surviving any confrontations with our highly trained millitary and the awsome firepower they have = tanks , planes , helocopters , drones , macine guns , miniguns , etc. . It wouldn't be like the revolutionary war when civilians grabbed their muskets to fight the British . It wouldn't be like that stupid movie , Red Dawn . Get over it ! It's a fantacy !
givin the real life military situation in afganistan your post is utter nonsense, come back when you've grown up some.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts