Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I am what I have become
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We spent hours looking and barely getting some yesterday in Douglasville where we live.
Every single station was out except small one that just had a delivery.
Today we have to go look to fill my wifes car.
Lines miles long and then getting to the pump and it runs out.
Angers are flaring.
How will people get to work, school, grocery deliveries basic society can run without gas.
Its getting crazy here in the south.
They say maybe months before it gets back to normal but society cant wait that long

·
missed
11,240 Posts
We spent hours looking and barely getting some yesterday in Douglasville where we live.
Every single station was out except small one that just had a delivery.
Today we have to go look to fill my wifes car.
Lines miles long and then getting to the pump and it runs out.
Angers are flaring.
How will people get to work, school, grocery deliveries basic society can run without gas.
Its getting crazy here in the south.
They say maybe months before it gets back to normal but society cant wait that long
Good luck with that, I'm in stockbridge and luckily for me a tankful lasts me all week long, but if I can find it without waiting in line like these sheep, then I just top off. Be safe today in your travels for gas ;)

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Over on the East Coast we have plenty, I hear N.C. has a shortage but we're ok. My daughter is leaving tonight to go up to Watertown and spend time with her husband before he deploys. She will go I-95 to Va, then cut back towards Scranton, then up. How is the situation up that way? Any members know, please pass the word.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
HAs anyone thought of this affecting kids getting to school? I have to drive mine so already affecting me. My sister works for the city schools. She said there throughing around the idea of a 4 day week. They are already canceling after school activitys Football is the last thing they would get rid of but my sons game was canceled the other day due to this. I know it could all be over soon or not. Its something I've been thinking about.

·
Unlocked and loaded
1,161 Posts
Used to,

Let my tank get down to 1/2 then top it off, now if it gets down to 3/4 I top it off. I also plan on 50 gal. in storage next month, with some preservative to keep it fresh and rotate while the price is down.

Keep your senses sharp and youe weapon loaded and ready.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
From what I understand the south is the only area that will be affected by this because it was their pipeline that got tapped by the hurricaines- but it will be short lived because it's back up and running- so fuel will start flowing back in slowly but surely. The rest of the country is fueled by other pipelines, so we won't be affected much by it, if at all.

Sorry to hear about all you southerners dealing with this- I sympathize! But for the rest of ya'll- don't panic- you probably won't see a problem.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Yea its the south eastern states affected by this. The shortages are still hitting though. We were supossed to get gas by yesterday not here yet.

·
antisocialbutterfly
85 Posts
rridgeoutlaw: It appears that it is limited to the southeast- GA, TN, SC and NC. AL and FL- as well as parts of east and south GA- appear to be, for the most part, in good stead. Your daughter should be fine.

·
The Whole Armor of YAH
311 Posts
I am in Dawsonville,Ga . The only station today that has gas is Kroger, there has been a line out to the highway and down the road all day. On Friday night we drove from here to Canton and there was only one station with gas and very long lines we drove home on empty, but by the grace of God we made it. You can have peace in your heart amid the chaos of the world if you trust in the Lord with all your heart.

·
HOPE4BEST&PREP4WORST
493 Posts
South Texas, no prolems and gas prices dropping daily. I have seen some people from North Carolina down here that seem surprised that the world isn't ending here. Hope everything gets back to normal for all those with fuel problems.

·
Getting Older
1,233 Posts
I am in Dawsonville,Ga . The only station today that has gas is Kroger, there has been a line out to the highway and down the road all day. On Friday night we drove from here to Canton and there was only one station with gas and very long lines we drove home on empty, but by the grace of God we made it. You can have peace in your heart amid the chaos of the world if you trust in the Lord with all your heart.
I'm in Dawsonville. The only gas we could find today was at a gas station on 400 about 5 miles north of that stupid outlet mall.

I work in Alphraretta and attend school twice a week in Jasper. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html

This is the local news around here.
You must be close. That's my local news, too. ;)

I heard on local talk radio this afternoon (sitting a line for gas no less) that the expect the gas shortage to move up into Maryland.

They have been saying for several days that the shortage would lift middle of *last* week, now they say at least another 2 weeks. I can't seem to figure out what gives, but I'm not buying the story of the hurricane and pipelines.

I try to stay away from sitting in line for gas. I've usually got my toddler with me and don't want a fight to break out with her in tow, or to be sitting in line on the side of the road. I was pleasantly surprised today to only have to wait behind 6 cars, which was crazy short compared to what I've seen this past week.

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
They are BSing us the govner himself called the pres. of cvcc. and said sat. it would be here. Still nothing. I figured out (at least around here) that about 9:30 10:00am it slows down and you dont really have a wait. Work hours. its nice to meet somone so close!

It was supposed to be to chrlotte latest friday. Still nothing. The govner is profiting. They gauge he makes prosicution money and looks good for next election class were canceled friday now monday. IRONIC

·
Registered
772 Posts
In NE Atlanta, I got up Saturday morning at 5am to go get gas (I was at half a tank). i waited in Line at one station for about 15 minutes, then it ran out. I drove to another station several miles away, waited for an hour and was able to top off. That was at 5am on a saturday!

I had a gas stock of 10 gallons at home, but my mother had to come to town this weekend for something and we could find no gas for her to get back to SC, so she got my reserve unfortunately. I will be bumping that reserve up to about 15 gallons once this mess is over with. I don't dare bring a container to fill up now....will likely get into a fight over it.

·
Getting Older
1,233 Posts
I had a gas stock of 10 gallons at home, but my mother had to come to town this weekend for something and we could find no gas for her to get back to SC, so she got my reserve unfortunately. I will be bumping that reserve up to about 15 gallons once this mess is over with.
I have been threatening to keep at least 10 gallons of fresh gas around for years. When this is over I will.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts