Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
6 Boys and 13 Hands
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George Soros transfers $18 billion to his liberal philanthropic foundation

Uber-liberal billionaire George Soros infused “the bulk of his wealth” -- $18 billion -- into his activist charity arm Tuesday, making the philanthropic organization second only to Bill and Melinda Gates' Foundation in U.S. assets and further extending and strengthening Soros' tentacles worldwide.

It's unclear what Soros' group will use the billions of dollars toward. He recently posted on his Twitter page articles about the Open Society Foundations' work in countries including Albania and Macedonia.

But the Hungarian-born heavyweight has spent years investing money to support fiercely liberal, partisan causes in the U.S. and throughout the world.
Ah Heck! Let's just take a wild guess as to what the money will be used for. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
17,612 Posts
My guess is that 'proof' of some sort against President Trump will pop up in some eastern European crap hole of a dictator ridden country. Lots of 'hackers' in those places, you know. Just crawling with them.

Or a new wave of assassinations of presidents of Austria, Poland, Hungary, maybe take out some stubborn folks in Ukraine. Remember the president of Poland had an airplane crash in Russia several years ago. Hardly anyone noticed. Or rather I should say people were trying real hard to act like they didn't notice.

Mmm hmmm....if I was president of a country trying to push back against the EU and their floods of muslims, I'd be getting some extra security.

·
Banned
800 Posts
When a person is a multi-billionaire, perhaps you folks may find it wise to listen to what they have to say.

Soro's is obviously far smarter than any of you, or I.. There are conservative billionaires with as much wealth as Soro's too.. Perhaps you should also listen to what they have to say.

How many people here have bothered to read books by both sides?

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
Murby, he may be good at making money and stacking decks in his favor, but he damn near collapsed the British economy and got richer in the process. He and his ultra liberal operations are not about freedom and independence. Anything but and he's not a friend.

However, that can be said about others on both sides of the equation.

My 2 cents worth..

·
Closed for the Season.
15,784 Posts
When a person is a multi-billionaire, perhaps you folks may find it wise to listen to what they have to say.

Soro's is obviously far smarter than any of you, or I.. There are conservative billionaires with as much wealth as Soro's too.. Perhaps you should also listen to what they have to say.

Seriously? You equate being smart with having billions? Perhaps you also buy into the notion of divine rule. Or the golden rule, "them that has the gold, rule".

I doubt highly that Soros is smarter than any of us though I will concede you know yourself better than I do.

·
A marathon not a sprint
4,653 Posts
There is nothing philanthropic about it, most wealthy families and celebrities have their own charitable foundation that they direct the money , as a tax dodge . It is bonus if it also gives anyone the perception that they are seen in a better light.

·
Banned
17,612 Posts

Empirical proof? Factual evidence? Links to scholarly, unbiased, unimpeachable sources?

The Kardiashians are millionaires, and I have no doubt none of them are 'smarter' than I am. They just make money showing their private parts. Yeah, people pay big bucks to look at private parts. But in no stretch could that be an indication of 'intelligence'....

·
Banned
800 Posts
Empirical proof? Factual evidence? Links to scholarly, unbiased, unimpeachable sources?

The Kardiashians are millionaires, and I have no doubt none of them are 'smarter' than I am. They just make money showing their private parts. Yeah, people pay big bucks to look at private parts. But in no stretch could that be an indication of 'intelligence'....
There are only four ways that I know of to get rich.
1) Be smart enough to earn it...
2) Inherit it
3) Have a talent for entertainment purposes
4) Luck (this would include crime, lotto, etc)

We can ignore 2, 3 and 4 because Soro's did not inherit his his money, is not an entertainer, and did not use "luck of the draw" to achieve his wealth.

Soro's achieved wealth through insight and education, formed opinions, and then used those resources to speculate the direction of financial markets.

That said, the purpose of my statement was to point out that there are no dumb self made billionaires and people can learn by listening to what they have to say.

As for the Kardashians, or other wealthy but not rich folks, its not difficult to earn $5 or $10 million dollars. Turning that into $100 million is far more difficult, and turning $100 million into a billion is another magnitude more difficult.. But the first $5M to $10M can be achieved through just hard work and determination by anyone who is moderately intelligent.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,738 Posts

Yeah.....

He's pretty smart for a Nazi collaborator!

I guess Hanoi Jane is pretty smart too

I'm glad I'm poor

·
Banned
800 Posts
Murby, he may be good at making money and stacking decks in his favor, but he damn near collapsed the British economy and got richer in the process. He and his ultra liberal operations are not about freedom and independence. Anything but and he's not a friend.

However, that can be said about others on both sides of the equation.

My 2 cents worth..
Exactly why it pays to read and learn from both sides.. which is why I asked how many have bothered to read from both sides?

Its incredibly easy to convince someone of something if they only hear one side of the argument..

It is intellectually irresponsible to not listen to both sides. I would argue its a big part of the problems we have today..

People are predisposed to have a belief or opinion and then only recognize those things which reinforce those beliefs or opinions.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
It won't help him, when he's gone his ideas will fade and go neutral over time. He has his goals but in the power game he only has the scraps he is paid for being the front man for those who are. Little Buddha in NK is in a higher club than them, because he has the actual, real power they crave: a national taxbase, a military, nukes but it has little projection ability so like Soros, in his club he is poor jumped up trailer trash. Money is a tool to increase thier actual curreency, power. When you work and own internationally, borders cease to have relevance and validity, as do nations. But, nations have the real power that they own, and don't rent with bribes that are time limited. Thier only pathway to real power is a world govt and a digital one world currency they can manipulate at will. Even small govts yearly collect more in taxes than thier individual wealth. My state collects 4x his total wealth yearly, and its in the Rust Belt! Even the poorest state govts collect more yearly. These poeples empires are built on sand that heirs wash out. Soros is close to worm food.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I do gather intel widely. There is an unpublished pattern, but it's puzzle pieces need to be dug out individually. I was educated twice to do this, and I like ferreting out intel, finding the pattern.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
NRA Life 1971
8,662 Posts
Based on the enormous increase in troll traffic on conservative forums, I suspect all that activity has increased his costs in regard to supporting such.
Also, one should not equate physical riches with intelligence. I doubt he is smarter than Einstein was for example.

·
Bugged out already
4,186 Posts
No one should doubt the intelligence of Soros, but this is not relevant. But no one should doubt that he is unadulterated evil. This is what’s relevant. That evil traces back his his nazi collaboration during WW2 through today. He will use his money for evil as he has all his life. He is a manipulative and calculative troll of Satan doing his work on earth.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts