Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Totus tuus
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to a radio show over lunch today and the discussion was on whether we are in the end times. A guest on the show volunteered that he had a guess as to who the antichrist could be since so many of the signs have already occurred. Namely, the destruction of Israel occurred in 70 A.D., the great apostasy (we're in it now), conversion of the Jews (happening quickly according to him), and the appearance of the antichrist. His guess? George Soros. Any thoughts?

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Many within the Christian community would consider Soros "a chosen one" based on his ethnicity. I consider him "an" antichrist for sure. I don't think that he is "the" Antichrist but I could definitely be wrong. He certainly opposes Christian values and basic, human liberty. He also comes across as someone who believes he has god-like power and influence.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,501 Posts
I don't think he's the anti Christ, but he is pure evil. Looking into those black eyes is like seeing into hell through the eyes of a demon.

The anti Christ is supposed to take the place of Christ. He will be mistaken as holy, it is theorized.
I agree. Soros is not the anti-Christ. He is way too evil. Perhaps he is the devil himself . . . or worse. :eek:

The real problem is that his eventual death will not solve the problem. I understand he's groomed his son, who is just as evil. The spawn of the devil.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
I've heard some say Pres Trump is the antichrist, who knows. But I don't believe that person is here on earth yet.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
1,516 Posts
Maybe already born but still young?

I'd given thought to Soros being the Beast, but I don't think he's that either.

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
I was listening to a radio show over lunch today and the discussion was on whether we are in the end times. A guest on the show volunteered that he had a guess as to who the antichrist could be since so many of the signs have already occurred. Namely, the destruction of Israel occurred in 70 A.D., the great apostasy (we're in it now), conversion of the Jews (happening quickly according to him), and the appearance of the antichrist. His guess? George Soros. Any thoughts?
All sorts of problems have developed in Christianity when believers try to draw very specific parallels between scripture and headlines.

After all, it's long been taught by pre-tribbers that this: "7 The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. 8 They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle." (Revelation 9)

refers to this...

Could it? Who knows.

While we're clearly in times of tribulation, and we see many negative things in this world, so have those who have come before us.

Best that we work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

The statistical certainty that Jesus didn't come back during the lifetimes of every believer now gone to their repose is 100%.

...and honestly, whether we meet Him immediately after natural death, or are translated to meet him at his second coming the result is the same. I think this unhealthy obsession with eschatology is driven by an underlying theme that should He come back during our earthly lives we somehow escape death...when in reality, we have escaped death already (John 11:26).

·
That'll be the day...
3,800 Posts
Absolutely NOT. Now, he is certainly a tool in the hands of the enemy, but Soros is not the anti-christ. Soros is a stage-setter.

The anti-christ will be a dynamic, somewhat young and emerging leader..... much the same way that Obama came on the scene and sky-rocketed in popularity.

And it is only in the past couple of years that I have adopted this line of thinking, but I believe the anti-christ will have roots in Islam. It will take a guy like this to broker the "Peace in the Middle East" covenant/peace treaty with Israel. The signing of this treaty is the event that starts the 7 year tribulation.

·
Goat Roper
1,262 Posts
Yeah the ANTICHRIST will be accepted by the Jews as the Messiah, the WORLDLY King they have mistakenly been looking for for 6000 years. The antichrist will bring peace to the world, and will even perform some "MIRACLES", convincing Israel to sell out. For 3.5 years, things will go well. But when he turns on them, and they have to FLEE to the hills, they will then realize that the SAVIOR was born 2000 years ago and the ones still alive will cry for help. I believe this will be the Second Coming. The bible says if God doesnt intervene, "No flesh will be saved", meaning the whole world. Man indeed has the power right now to destroy every living thing 100 times over.
The Good News: Jesus comes to REIGN, here on earth. The lion will lay down with the lamb. PEACE will reign. EVIL will be dispatched. Oh what a day that will be.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
And that is why we should welcome the End Times and even pray for them to come sooner.

Revelation 22:20, "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The Antichrist is to arise from within the Church and use the Church to sway people into rejecting God's grace and forgiveness in Christ. Pretty sure Soros isn't much of a church-goer.

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
He had Jews killed, that trumps anything he has done since.
Once a Nazi, always a Nazi
He is not important enough to be an anti-Christ.
Just a rich sad old man.
When we are at judgement day. nt a front row seat when he shows up to be judged.

Remember you will be judged not by God, but by your peers. Im sure God is with the many Jews that were sent to him before their time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts