Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a membership with a group of like minded guys and we all goecache things we may need in and around areas we visit often. Our retreat is a huge property bu getting there when the SHTF might not be a easy or simple task so I geocache. Currently I have items within a 15 mile radius of my home, my family home in another town, and within 15 miles of a cousin who I visit with a lot. In my geocaching I put a lot of seeds, 22lr rounds, fishing and trap supplies, and water treatment items. This winter I am going to add more 9mm ammo and more shelter related items. One thing I will be putting in the mix is a bow saw and extra blades. I will also be adding a good axe to each stash. At the retreat I have geocached lots of ammo and seeds to for a rainy day. Here is my BOB video but I tell about my geocaching and retreat.

Bugout Bag Gear and Info for the Survivalist and for Survivalism Geocaching and More

·
Renegade *******
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try to use natural covered and entrenchment as a mean to hide the cache. I use a mix of mortor tubes and tubes built of pvc pipe. To find and mark a location I start with a simple google earth view of where I think I would like to cache something and then verify there are no homes or other items that would give away a high use of the local area. After this step I go out with my gps and hike in the to area and get a hands on look. I carry my entrenchment tool(folding shovel) and do some area selection. Once a spot has been chosen(I like big flat rocks), I got to work digging. I make it as hard to get to as I can by moving the rock with leverage to one side and digging then once dug out I put the rock back over the dug out area. I return at a later date to insert items for caching, this also the area to re-naturalize as I call it. I never store/cache in bottom land, it's a very bad idea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lol, I saw your BOB video and I was going to ask you about this on that thread. How big are your containers? I was thinking about using some buckets or something. What's bottom land?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts