Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnbc.com/id/42683030

This is the kind of thing I'd expect to hear right before things get unruly. (Also, note that Euro Pacific Capital is Peter Schiff's company out of Connecticut. That little tid bit might lend some serious credibility to these opinions considering he was one of about 3 people to call this mess well before it happened)

Hastings sees gasoline having "no problem" getting to $6.50 a gallon over the summer after increased demand and storm disruptions come into play.

Others, though, say gasoline prices haven't needed any help so far from other events—the moves by the Fed to keep interest rates in negative real terms are enough to boost energy by themselves.

Michael Pento, senior economist at Euro Pacific Capital in New York, says there is an almost perfect negative correlation between the falling dollar and oil prices—minus-0.9 to be exact.

"When you have negative correlations that strong, it's not hard to understand that the reason why we're having this price spike in commodities is primarily because of the weaker currency and not because of shortages of oil or international tensions or global growth," Pento says.

209 Posts
Gas prices get pretty crazy here in SoCal too (but not that high as far as I know). Gas prices are one of the two reasons I don't own a car even though I can afford one straight up.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I dont understand what you are saying, the economy is on a track to recovery and gas prices have nothing to do with the economy (per the current administration). I drove by the station around the corner and the price is $4.30, I also went to Costco today and noticed prices are on the rise there too.

Hang on everybody, me thinks it's gonna get a little bumpy up ahead.

·
Forum Administrator
16,736 Posts
I am glad my wife and I car pool to work, and we only have about a 10 minute drive to our jobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts