Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
antisocialbutterfly
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The long lines and closed pumps seen across the South this week are a warning: inventories are way too low.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/26/news/economy/gasshortage_okeefe.fortune/index.htm?cnn=yes

"That's because nationwide our gasoline inventory is shockingly low. Liquidity must be restored soon to this market, or we could be facing a crippling run on the gasoline bank. And if you think Americans are outraged about Wall Street, wait until their Main Street grocery store doesn't get the bread and milk delivery for a week or two."

...or three, or four.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
There running out of gas around here in parts of NC.We ran out of Diesel at the shop last night.We were told by the fuel company they didn't know when they could bring us any.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
we have 100 gallons that got delivered to the ranch yesterday, but boss man forgot stabilizer. He's talking about using it to buffer us against price spikes, but I have been talking about saving it for outages. I think he is coming around... We use diesel for the genny up there, to fill in for the cloudy days, and while the tank for that is 500 gallons, I'm most concerned about running out of that in bad times... With no generator, the water supply up there will become complicated.

What freaks me out is that it took a week for the AP or any national news outlets to cover the outages... Fear good, panic bad???

·
one day at a time
2,478 Posts
Yeah here in western N.C. Its horriable the cops are having to runn road blocks direct traffic. Protect the people getting gas. People (younger idiotes) causing problems fighting. Hell in charlotte a man was killed for jumping line. I understand but not killing. A good ass kicking teaches a better lesson. There was one here in my town that jumped line in front of me and others cut through a parking lot to get around the police. It only took 4 people getting out of their car and walking towards him to make him leave. The police have actualy been doing a good job here.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Shortages seem to be regional for now. i was in OKlahoma this week and avg price was right at $3.40 a gallon. got it for $3.19 in Waggoner on Wednesday. Here in DFW it is running right at $3.62 and up on Saturday 9/27. It is a very good idea to keep you tank full and not let it drop below half from now on. I keep 3 to 5 Jerry cans rotated so they don't go bad.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Shortages seem to be regional for now. i was in OKlahoma this week and avg price was right at $3.40 a gallon. got it for $3.19 in Waggoner on Wednesday. Here in DFW it is running right at $3.62 and up on Saturday 9/27. It is a very good idea to keep you tank full and not let it drop below half from now on. I keep 3 to 5 Jerry cans rotated so they don't go bad.
Wow! I'd love to see those prices. We are at $3.69 and that's cheap. I have a feeling I'm going to start filling up each day or two whether I really "need" to or not.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I live out in the country and the little store right down the road from my house has not had any gas for two weeks now. The nearest town has 4 stations that are without gas most of the time. Whenever one of these gets a delivery, people line up to get it until it runs out.

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
This wasnt our week to go to town.. :)
SWEET! I hope to get my life situated back to that way again. It's definitely part of the 5 year plan, assuming that the whole country isn't walking and riding horses in five years anyway. :D:

We don't have any shortages here in PA yet and prices have dropped about 20 cents a gallon since the Ike panic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.