Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Survivalist & proud of it
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what have you guys done in respect to gas masks/MOPP gear? Have a new M40 and about a dozen sealed filters. Need more for family. Probably need to be able to use the same filter though.

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,758 Posts
I wear a beard so I haven't given masks much thought, actually.

Most of the group members have them. But I always thought that was just because of my "gas problem".

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
The gasmask department is something that I have been lacking in

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Wow it sounds like some of you are way ahead of the military. I've never seen a sealed replacement filter. I did get a sealed JLIST suit in Kuwait which made a decent pillow. But we never got new filters so I figure our masks wouldn't be of much use, not that we needed them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've purchased Russian PSB gas masks with a dozen of sealed filters.
I prefer masks which completely cover my head.

·
•--• • •- -•-• •
3,030 Posts
Where I live I haven't taken the gas mask thing real serious. That said, have two new Israeli M15 masks with the 2 non-NBC filters that came with it plus some NBC vacuum sealed filters good to 2023 (they say). No suit yet. If Kev doesn't have one - I'm not too worried.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
No gas masks. I feel they're too specialized and limited in use. In an urban setting they might be of value, but I'm semi-rural, here. A haz-mat spill would be the only real possibility of poison gas, and for that sealing the doors and windows, or bugging out ahead of the fumes, would be the best options. I've got other things to purchase. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Don't have gas masks, but the have high-end particle masks. We figure that's about all we need. Frankly, if there's something worse, we're all in trouble anyway.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have gas masks and a couple spare filters. My thoughts are that they may be useful to get me out fo the suburbs. Past that, I don;t think there would be much need or use for them. Another way to cut down on the weight of the gear I have to pack out.

·
Banned
349 Posts
i keep a gas mask and scba in my last stand bunker, in case they try to gas or burn me out. and with lbe i tote a gas mask.
later on today, i am leaving for a camp out with others, which most i havent met, anyways, i will be willing to bet, i am the only one with a gas mask.

·
Whippersnapper
2,664 Posts
I have one, but it was not bought specifically for my personal preparedness, but for other things (work and volounteer related)...
Having said that, i live in the city for much of every year (not much choice) and i do have it with me here rather than at home.
it is a Scott Promask
with two filters for the job - CF32 A2B2E2K2-P3 R D if you are that interested... they cover all bases anyway (exept Hg, but i can deal with that)

In the city i feel that i am more likely to be exposed to nasties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts