Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you could also call this the continuing long slow death of The Posse Commitatus Act:

http://dprogram.net/2008/12/28/northcom-combat-team-conducts-%e2%80%9chumanitarian-support%e2%80%9d-exercise-in-maryland/

The Armed Forces Press Service has initiated a propaganda campaign designed to convince the American people that deploying the 3rd Infantry Division in the United States in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act is a good thing. The propaganda piece appeared on the Hinesville, Georgia, Coastal Courier’s website on December 26.

“The first active-duty unit dedicated to supporting U.S. civilian authorities in the event of a nuclear, biological or chemical attack recently wrapped up three days of intensive training its members hope they never have to apply in real life,” Donna Miles reports for the Armed Forces Press Service. “Soldiers from the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team got hands-on training in skills they would depend on to provide humanitarian support during a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive incident, known here as a CBRNE.”

Full article at the above link.

Reactions: test

·
One decade later...
221 Posts
I do not completely understand what this means, is it more or less a control
thing like Hitler did, will they have the right to unlawful entry, and you cannot do anything about it? :xeye:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I guess you could also call this the continuing long slow death of The Posse Commitatus Act:
I thought the Insurrection Act gave the president this power.

Besides, they are just giving the people what they want. All those people yelling at Bush for not doing stuff earlier about Katrina when the Lousiana governor never asked for help and Nagin actually said he didn't want any.

It seems to me that the worst thing to come along after 9-11/Katrina/Gustov/Ike is now people expect the Federal government to be the first responders to any disaster.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the Insurrection Act gave the president this power.

Besides, they are just giving the people what they want. All those people yelling at Bush for not doing stuff earlier about Katrina when the Lousiana governor never asked for help and Nagin actually said he didn't want any.

It seems to me that the worst thing to come along after 9-11/Katrina/Gustov/Ike is now people expect the Federal government to be the first responders to any disaster.
I agree...so many people don't understand what rights they are losing, they just want uncle suga to rescue them...at any price.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Reactions: resolver

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
you have a brainwashed populace that regardless of what horrors they see never prepare for emergencies, are more interested in who is voted off the stage or island than who is running the gov't. (unless it's Obama, cause he's- like the savior and all).

When you have people that have been de-educated and mentally pacified with subtle coercion over a number of decades- of COURSE they're going to want to be kept in a pen.

Ever see how reluctant cattle are at first to leave the fencing when part of the fence is taken down?

·
Tuco
110 Posts
It might be a good thing that they are working with the local LEOs.What happens if we are attacked and local LEOS can't handle it.We would need the military expertise to help and guide local LEOS to handle a situation like NBC.It might save your life.

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
^^^ No. We need to have our National Guard trained to handle NBCs. The Army isn't supposed to be operating on domestic soil.... unless of course we're being attacked on our own soil by foreign enemies.

"Domestic enemies" should be handled first by the Law Enforcement (from your local police department and county/province departments, to your state police, up to and including federal agencies like FBI and DHS) and then if they are overwhelmed by the National Guard and then and only then if all other options are expired, active federal military.

There is a lot of ground to cover before we should have regular army patrolling our streets.

·
Registered
73 Posts
^^^ No. We need to have our National Guard trained to handle NBCs. The Army isn't supposed to be operating on domestic soil.... unless of course we're being attacked on our own soil by foreign enemies.

"Domestic enemies" should be handled first by the Law Enforcement (from your local police department and county/province departments, to your state police, up to and including federal agencies like FBI and DHS) and then if they are overwhelmed by the National Guard and then and only then if all other options are expired, active federal military.

There is a lot of ground to cover before we should have regular army patrolling our streets.
They don't want the National Guard involved. The National Guard "Cannot be trusted to act" under martial law. They want brainwashed active duty combat veterans to be able to counter insurgency and Patriot National Guard units that leave the reservation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just like everything else. They cram it down your throat a little at a time until it becomes common place and accepted. By then its to late

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've heard a lot of peeps say "well what can I do about all this?" you would be suprised at how far just knowing the truth can go-no one does evil willingly, once you know the truth you can't willingly do evil which is why most peeps dont' want to know and live in a fortress of denial. Most peeps just want to keep on believing that all this corruption and injustice in the world will never come back to them, it's gonna be a rude awakening. Everyone is here learning as much as they can mostly because they have a gut feeling that things are gonna get bad, and it's no conspiracy all you have to do to know the future is know the past.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Let's see...they had the "patriot act" all drawn up,neat and tidy,sitting on a shelf for just the right crisis,and Bingo! We get 9/11 and its rammed thru congress without a crumb of resistance.
Now they train troops to work with cops for nuke emergencies? Guess what they plan to drop in our laps next?

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
They don't want the National Guard involved. The National Guard "Cannot be trusted to act" under martial law. They want brainwashed active duty combat veterans to be able to counter insurgency and Patriot National Guard units that leave the reservation.
^^^ Bingo. National Guard units are supposed to operate in their home states. It's also "better" to have a bunch of out of state federal troops dealing with "insurrection" or "civil disturbances" where they probably won't recognize anyone they're rifle butting or shooting at with "non-lethal" weapons/crowd control.

I've heard a lot of peeps say "well what can I do about all this?" you would be suprised at how far just knowing the truth can go-no one does evil willingly, once you know the truth you can't willingly do evil which is why most peeps dont' want to know and live in a fortress of denial. Most peeps just want to keep on believing that all this corruption and injustice in the world will never come back to them, it's gonna be a rude awakening. Everyone is here learning as much as they can mostly because they have a gut feeling that things are gonna get bad, and it's no conspiracy all you have to do to know the future is know the past.
I agree with all your points, however there are indeed some that knowingly and willingly do evil...... I like the point you made above (I bolded it)... a fortress of denial! :D:

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
remember at Tianemen Square, the locally stationed troops would not attack the people, and I assume the leadership knew that, or felt it was a strong possibility.

Hence, when they wanted blood spilled, they brought in the Siberians....

·
Ignorance is strength
178 Posts
It might be a good thing that they are working with the local LEOs.What happens if we are attacked and local LEOS can't handle it.We would need the military expertise to help and guide local LEOS to handle a situation like NBC.It might save your life.

Come on. It's 3rd ID. They're probably positioning for after the war so they don't get deactivated. Like happened to 10th Mountain in the 90s when they went to everything that came along for the same reason.

·
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
1,554 Posts
If the military is deployed in different states, I wonder if they will try to keep soldiers from getting stationed in their home states...

·
15T :)
505 Posts
wtf....are you trying to say?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope the men and women in our military will be smart enough to not follow the orders when they commanded to act against Americans in this country. Doing things like confiscating weapons and what not like the law inforcement in New Orleans.

·
15T :)
505 Posts
I hope the men and women in our military will be smart enough to not follow the orders when they commanded to act against Americans in this country. Doing things like confiscating weapons and what not like the law inforcement in New Orleans.
thank god i live in a new orleans suburb and not actually in new orleans.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts