Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying my best to cut costs and expences as low as possible. I had wanted to use our tiny 25'x25' back yard as a garden, but just couldn't do it. I'm determined to do so in 2009. To make the most of it. I was wondering if there's any garden planning software availbe on the market? Everytime I try to google for something I get all kinds of hits for how to plant trees and strubs. But now can I plant corn next to broccilli. Or how much room I need for a pea trellis.

And while we haven't gardened or canned for many years, I do know one thing, our family LOVES squash. Accorn, butternut, Zuccini, cuccumbers...ect. But we've got this darned vine larve thing that gets in the plants and kills all the vines off. I'd love a suggestion for an organic solution to kill these suckers off!

Wilding. I know we can't grow EVERYTHING we want. Especially when it comes to medicincal herbs. This is bit of a grey area for some. Near where I live there's extensive forest preserves. Techincally speaking, I should take anything out of there. But concidering what I've seen people do in those forest preserves, me taking a sprig of this or a few leaves of that will be the least of our county's concerns. At the very least I'd like to find a class or ever a group of friends that go out and gather herbs in my area.

Eventually I plan on moving from here and buying a small chunk of land. While it won't be in this area proper, regionally speaking I'll still be close, so I need to know how to identify plants even then.

Combining the two concepts. While it's my intentions to grow as much food as I can for us, I could if possible intermingle some medicinal herbs between our vegitiables if given the correct advice. Just need to know what gets along with what?

Thanks

Jaxx

·
Registered
959 Posts
you should look into a book called 'woodland way" by Ben Law.he has a very special way of looking at gardening and forestry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts