Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gardener Ordered to Remove Barbed Wire Fence on Grounds It Could 'Wound Thieves'

A British gardener’s local council has ordered him to remove a 3-foot high barbed wire fence around his property in case thieves hurt themselves on it, the Daily Mail reported Thursday.

Bill Malcolm, 61, installed the wire at his Worcester property after burglars robbed his tool shed and vegetable plots three times in four months, stealing more than $500 worth of hardware.

But Malcolm’s local council told him the wire was a health and safety hazard and warned him they would remove it by force if he did not do it himself, the Mail reported.

“The council said they were unhappy about the precautions I had made but my response was to tell them that only someone climbing over on to my allotment could possibly hurt themselves,” Malcolm told the Mail. “They shouldn't be trespassing in the first place but the council apologized and said they didn't want to be sued by a wounded thief.”

The council said that a fence on the property must be a post or rail fence, not barbed wire.

“With regard to the barbed wire, when this is identified on site, we are obliged to request its removal or remove it on health and safety grounds to the general public as this is a liability issue,” a council spokeswoman told the Mail.
:confused::xeye:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435189,00.html

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
Only in Amerika.
Yes... thats why the article started off with...
A British gardener’s local council has ordered him to remove a 3-foot high barbed wire fence around his property in case thieves hurt themselves on it, the Daily Mail reported Thursday.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Good thing it was not in Texas. People down here are fed up with all the babying of criminals. Feel sorry for our friends across the pond. But we may be in same pond by next year. You will see more federal legislation to protect the Poor misunderstood criminals. Don't feel bad about reading a post wrong. My eyesite is so bad I can't shoot competition anymore.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually had something similar to this happen to me in Annapolis, Md years ago. My mailbox was smashed by kids driving by with baseball bats 3 times in a month! Soooooo.....I hammered out the last 1 and filled it w/ Sakrette and put it back up, w/ a new one next to it.........couple days later, 2 suit wearing postal inspectors scared the hell out of my ex-wife, telling her that I had tampered with Fed. property and that we'd be liable if the kid shattered his arm the next time he swung by for batting practice......;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I actually had something similar to this happen to me in Annapolis, Md years ago. My mailbox was smashed by kids driving by with baseball bats 3 times in a month! Soooooo.....I hammered out the last 1 and filled it w/ Sakrette and put it back up, w/ a new one next to it.........couple days later, 2 suit wearing postal inspectors scared the hell out of my ex-wife, telling her that I had tampered with Fed. property and that we'd be liable if the kid shattered his arm the next time he swung by for batting practice......;)

Only in the UK..

That's Annapolis, MD, London, right?

man, this geography junk is confusing.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Mostly in Amerika. :thumb:

·
Registered
194 Posts
im glad im politicaly incorrect. i tells it how it is. and live how i should.

if someone get offended thats their problem. it offends me i cant speak about christmas, easter, fly my counties flag becasue immagrints might find it offensive. let them be offended they are in my country and will leart to live by the rules. if i went to there country they will not change the rules for me. so i feel better.

people need to stop worry that if they offend a member of islam that they will call jihad nad holy war. it just goes to show what a peacefull people they are.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
should we really be surprised at what the UK has become?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
HAHA!! That is priceless.. pretty soon they will outlaw that soccer "bubbles" song and THAT is when the people of the UK will finally put their feet down.

"They took our guns. They took our knives. They best not take our bubbles song because then we will have nothing else to live for" - Gil Spear, UK

·
to listen
284 Posts
We share a side entrance with our neighbours, it has an 8 foot gate at the front and is easy to get over. We both wanted to put wire on the top of it but were told we cant because it would be a danger to the public.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Back on topic..... I think he should remove the offensive barbed wire.... and replace it with razor wire!
ROFLMFAO...

"Yes, members of the council- I will remove the barbed wire post haste"

(next day) - replaces offending wire with 10' metal post and rail fencing with an electrical componant. In the allotment enclosure one can see five snarling dogs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts