Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Preparing to be Prepared
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice CMP Springfield M-1 Garand and I have been thinking about mounting a scope to it. Do any of you have any experience with any good commercially available mounts? Do any allow the use of the iron sights without removing the scope? Do you think scoping a Garand is silly and that I should just get out and get proficient with the iron sights? Lay it on me. Thanks.

·
Preparing to be Prepared
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fulton Armory Scout mount. lets you use open sights with the scope off.
Wow, I just went to the Fulton Armory site and I am more than impressed. That's the most complete Garand parts section I've seen. And I do like the scout mount, I might have to break down for one of those. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
http://www.amegaranges.com/

They make it for Fulton Armory. It's very high quality, even though it buckles down to the barrel. They can sometimes bind on the Op Rod, although it's a quick fix.

While I like the Scout scopes, various electronic optics are great. I have a Custom Tanker in .308 with Scout mounts and Leupold optics but after shooting it in service rifle and 3 gun matches, I just prefer the rifle bare bones. The optic is no real advantage over the excellent sights on a Garand and just adds weight to an already heavy rifle. A tritium front blade is nice.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
AKpredator;1166205 A tritium front blade is nice.[/QUOTE said:
Who makes a tritium front blade for the Garand? I've looked all over for just such a thing and never have found one.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Who makes a tritium front blade for the Garand? I've looked all over for just such a thing and never have found one.
Champion makes one now. Pretty popular. I had Trijicon do my standard sight for me with a standard dot that works quite well. They said they could not do my preferred match front blade but that was a few years ago. Might call and ask.

Merry Kalishnikov!

http://www.championgunsights.com/proddetail.asp?prod=870-897

1 - 8 of 8 Posts