Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just in my local Gander Mountain and was talking to a freind who works there . I asked him how the assault rifle sales were doing , and he laughed and said it had been literally crazy. He is telling me that most of these rifles , the expensive ones especially are being bought on credit. He also said that that the store thinks that in a few weeks , or months their are going to be a mountain of used assault rifles for sale , and they will be buying them back.

While we were talking another GM employee took a call from a guy looking for a Springfeild M1 . The salesman tells him , Yes we have one , just one, if you will hold I will go and get it from the case so I can give you better details on the rifle . About the time he put the guy on hold to go get the M1 another salesman and a very old couple walk up and the old man has the M1 in his hands . Already sold .

I swear that old man could hardly hold that rifle up, but he and his wife seemed plaesed as punch to dole out the money for it. I had looked at the rifle before myself , I cant remember exactly but I think it was around $1500 or so. Well there goes the new hearing aid huh!

What do you think will their be a mountain of used assault weapons for sale soon?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I was at cabelas and was there to check out their selection of AR's.. The salesman laughed and said if I want one I should order one because they can't keep them in stock. Cabelas had ZERO AR's..

And I don't believe a mountain of AR's will be for sale soon.. I feel that those who are buying them like hotcakes are the ones who are aware of the situation.. And I think they realize this isn't a situation that is just going to go away. But if ther esuddenly IS this mountain of AR's for sale, hopefully, the people will decide to sell them on their own and not bring them back tot he gun stores where we will have to go through the whole paper trail process to get them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well Obama is not gonna ban these weapons its not his policy. Ya I said not his policy he is gonna make ammo expensive as hell.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sales

I have two gun dealers in my area, and both still have AR's, AK', RPK's, SKS's, Mosin Nagants, and many other weapons out there. They have gone up in price at one of the dealers, but are still available here in NC. I am actually looking at purchasing a couple more weapons to add to my already extensive collection. Guess I will be in the market for Gun Vault #3 soon.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I have two gun dealers in my area, and both still have AR's, AK', RPK's, SKS's, Mosin Nagants, and many other weapons out there. They have gone up in price at one of the dealers, but are still available here in NC. I am actually looking at purchasing a couple more weapons to add to my already extensive collection. Guess I will be in the market for Gun Vault #3 soon.
beats investing in Wall Street doesn't it? :thumb:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda tend to think its not gonna happen like the folks at Gander Mountain think. In my local area , things have been tough economically for a while now. I have another buddy who owns a Pawn Shop and he says he isnt getting any guns in on pawn or sold to him from individuals this time. I also stopped by his place today and it looked like he had been robbed! He had less rifles that Ive ever seen him carry.

Their was CTME a couple of SKS and that was about it for semi-auto"s . He says he is selling a butt load of shotguns now. The last time I was there he had a rack full of AR types all gone now. In times past when things have gotten finiancially tough people would pawn a rifle or two to tide them over , but not this time. He still had quite a few Deer Rifles , but all his Mosin Nagants were gone. He usually has at least ten to fifteen Mosins on the rack, and more in the back room.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a seller's market right now... wait a little while longer, and it'll be the buyer's market. All of these rifles are going to flood back unless a civil war breaks out.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a seller's market right now... wait a little while longer, and it'll be the buyer's market. All of these rifles are going to flood back unless a civil war breaks out.
People , just average people seem to think thier is a real threat this time of having their guns taken away. I dont think we are gonna see those guns again till the threat of losing them subsides, or develops further .

·
Michigan Gun Nut
801 Posts
I was at cabelas and was there to check out their selection of AR's.. The salesman laughed and said if I want one I should order one because they can't keep them in stock. Cabelas had ZERO AR's..

And I don't believe a mountain of AR's will be for sale soon.. I feel that those who are buying them like hotcakes are the ones who are aware of the situation.. And I think they realize this isn't a situation that is just going to go away. But if ther esuddenly IS this mountain of AR's for sale, hopefully, the people will decide to sell them on their own and not bring them back tot he gun stores where we will have to go through the whole paper trail process to get them.
Which Cabela's? the one I work at still has some- but we've been selling more than ever before.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
the old man has the M1 in his hands
I bet he knows how to use it . Let us not forget the guys who went to South East Asia in the early 60's are now " The Old Men " .....................:thumb:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bet he knows how to use it . Let us not forget the guys who went to South East Asia in the early 60's are now " The Old Men " .....................:thumb:
I have a feeling your right , he may need a rest for it , but I bet he could make it sing !!!

·
STALKER Unit Mobile
183 Posts
Something else funny that I found was the places that I usually order ammo from the usual 2-3 day processing within the past 2 weeks has jumped to a 10 -14 day processing due to the "political situation" lol

in my opinion that is a great sign, people are becoming aware FINALLY

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I kinda tend to think its not gonna happen like the folks at Gander Mountain think. In my local area , things have been tough economically for a while now. I have another buddy who owns a Pawn Shop and he says he isnt getting any guns in on pawn or sold to him from individuals this time. I also stopped by his place today and it looked like he had been robbed! He had less rifles that Ive ever seen him carry.

Their was CTME a couple of SKS and that was about it for semi-auto"s . He says he is selling a butt load of shotguns now. The last time I was there he had a rack full of AR types all gone now. In times past when things have gotten finiancially tough people would pawn a rifle or two to tide them over , but not this time. He still had quite a few Deer Rifles , but all his Mosin Nagants were gone. He usually has at least ten to fifteen Mosins on the rack, and more in the back room.
out of curiosity, what was he asking for that cetme?

:zombie

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
He just might want to be buried with it, was probably a marine rifleman...

:zombie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts