Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just orderd a refurbished gamo big cat 1200 for $104 from cabelas they have free shipping on orders over $99 special now.does anyone own or have shot this model gamo?what is good and bad about it?

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
i just looked on cabelas website they dont have it listed. but if you can get it for that thats a good deal the cheapiest i have found it is $139 + s/h

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they dont have it under air rifles use the search option type in" gamo big cat" thats how i found it.try it and let me know

·
Registered
645 Posts
I like the Idea. I have heard some pretty outrageous claims from this style of air rifle and if it could do half of that it could come handy SHTF. I think it could make a good squirl/rabbit gun. Keep in mind that thiese are refirbished guns. I would also keepin mind what kind of maintinence needs and parts to keep one of thiese going for time to come. Thiese are spring propelled rifles so extra springs would be a must.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just want to see how quiet and effective of an urban backyard hunting tool its maybe for squirrels ,bunnies ,doves and coons or possums.i think pushing 1000 fps an PROPER shot placement they could be very effective. and from what i've read you can tune them and remove most the spring noise.i think with bunnies and squirrels a head shot is in order and grounhogs,coons and possums a heart/lung shot would do the trick. refurbished doesn't bother me cabelas customer service is great,if it doesn't work i'll exchange it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
From my perspective it's a question of IF you can sendit in for repares. Test it and then get the most likely to break supplies. Knowledge of how to make one of thiese more quiet could be invaluble because they are no more quiet out of the box than a real gun from my understanding. Also would said modification reduce the FPS. Things to consider, just because it's an air gun doesn't mean it doesn't sound like a standard .22/.117.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shoot lead pellets with less than 1000 fps (no sonic boom)
tune the spring, cuts way down on the twang!!!
results in a pretty quiet air rifle
extra spring and seals can be purchased
plenty of how to tune info on the net

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
I shot a crosman G1 xtreme. Had a little kick to it. The sound wasnt that much louder compared to my crosman 2100. It was louder, but didn't make a big difference.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also the cabelas big cat comes with a 3x9x40 scope the factory standard from gamo is a 4x32 witch is the way it comes from most other places.got it today looks great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts