Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a gamma lid strip a thread tonight. Hand tight stripped. I'm pissed. Anybody know who manufactures these things. I searched the internet and only find retailers. I won't be buying anymore....I got three. I'll stick to the old fashion hammer on's. I'd like to send it back to the company. They got some bad PR...I'll tell everyone. When they work, they're fine....when they don't you starve.

·
1,794 Posts
Had the same problem with them so I sold them at a relatives garage sale. Besides, they are too expensive for the purpose they serve. For long term supplies, I went back to coating the original lids with silicone and pounding them on for a positive, permanent seal.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Ive had some for about 7 or 8 years, keep sugar and flour and doggie food in them. No complaints yet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goop

anybody use plumbers goop on the gasket for a better seal. I've used it on sealed stuff before and it holds airtight well. It's food grade too. never used it on a 5 gallon bucket. Used it on water stuff.
Had the same problem with them so I sold them at a relatives garage sale. Besides, they are too expensive for the purpose they serve. For long term supplies, I went back to coating the original lids with silicone and pounding them on for a positive, permanent seal.

·
1,794 Posts
Glad to hear this before it's too late, was thinking about ordering them. I'll stick with my hammer on lids and Mylar bags then.
Good plan! I should not have bought them in the first place, It sort of defeated the purpose of going around to donut shops and getting free buckets with lids only to spend $6 (if I remember correctly) for a fancy lid for each one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.