Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I set up a game camera to record pictures of what kind of birds and critters were visiting the bird feeder 24x7.
As I was sorting through the pics I ran across this rather unusual one.
The camera picked up an unusual picture of something on the right-hand side and what appears to be a cardinal looking at it.
I'm not sure if the camera got triggered by the cardinal or the object on the right side of the picture or possibly both.

Feel free to give your opinion because I'm not sure if it was real or a fluke.

·
Truth Seeker
683 Posts
Hello all,

I set up a game camera to record pictures of what kind of birds and critters were visiting the bird feeder 24x7.
As I was sorting through the pics I ran across this rather unusual one.
The camera picked up an unusual picture of something on the right-hand side and what appears to be a cardinal looking at it.
I'm not sure if the camera got triggered by the cardinal or the object on the right side of the picture or possibly both.

Feel free to give your opinion because I'm not sure if it was real or a fluke.

View attachment 360911
Looks like the Punisher smudged and blurred to me.

981 Posts
My guess is the cardinal triggered it, and that other thing is a drop of water on the lens. Or it might be a turkey or something like that:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess is the cardinal triggered it, and that other thing is a drop of water on the lens. Or it might be a turkey or something like that:
I generally wipe the lens and sensor every couple of days, but it might well be water.
We do have turkeys that visit the feeder. In fact, I've seen them look right at the feeder but not none have tried to knock it down........yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a bluebird or a blue jay with its tail flared and moving away from the camera.
Never thought about it being a bluebird. We have our share of bluejays. The jays drive off most everything that comes near the bird feeder.

·
Don't fear the Reaper
2,186 Posts
Back end of a Pine Warbler flying away from the camera, tail fanned out. Could be a Yellow Rumped Warbler but I don't see much yellow. Probably perched on the camera or just above, swooped down in front of it triggering it.

I'm going with Pine Warbler. Zillions of them around here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks to me like a bird in flight from behind, tail feathers flared and the wings tucked at downstroke when the pic was taken.
I think ya figured it because I have seen warblers land on the deck rail before they go to the feeder.
The camera is on a tripod next to the deck so it's just about in the right position to catch it in flight.
Makes perfect sense now.
Unless I can confirm it's not a UFO :)D) I'd say ya right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back end of a Pine Warbler flying away from the camera, tail fanned out. Could be a Yellow Rumped Warbler but I don't see much yellow. Probably perched on the camera or just above, swooped down in front of it triggering it.

I'm going with Pine Warbler. Zillions of them around here.
Think ya right. It's got to be one of the many varies of warblers that visit the feeder.

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,260 Posts
YOU MEAN that silver squished R2D2 looking thing????

·
Born 120 years too late.
5,260 Posts
IF YOU Google under images STRANGE GAME CAMERA PICS
you find all sorts of weird, like this...
strange.jpg

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was taking care of my friends dog for a few days while he went on a business trip. While he was here dropping her off, I was downloading the photo's from my game cams that I had set up in the yard the night before. Yeah it was a set up!!! We live kind of out in the boonies with a large chunk of fenced property.

He's standing next to me looking at the monitor as I flipped thru the images of stuff that cruised thru my yard the night before. A rabbit, an Owl, more rabbits, a moth, etc. etc. and then.....a Monster! There was a friggin' monster standing in my yard checking out my house! My friend practically screamed "I'm not leaving my dog here. You have monsters in your yard"! I almost fell over from laughing! It was hilarious! He was not amused but he did leave his dog with us!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts