Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading Wikipedia's article on Katrina (Not the hurricane but the Effects of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans article) and noticed a part where it stated that armed teams (from Border Patrol no less) searched house to house, apartment to apartment... It did not state what exactly was going on or what they did when they found someone; can anyone illuminate?

What rights do we have? If I have a year supply of food and can live quite comfortably following a SHTF Natural Disaster (non-TEOTWAWKI) Do I have any chance to prove that is MY residence and I wish to stay with my family?

If I have no choice does anyone know what will happen? Where will they take my family and I - will we be seperated? Again I'm asking this only in the context of a non world-changing event - something parelleling Katrina rather.

·
Wasteland Wanderer
113 Posts
I know that they were taking people's gun's away, maybe that was what they were doing. The mayor at the time thought the government was gonna kill him......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Swat teams from all around the country volunteered to go to New Orleans to help. The gun confiscation was part of it, in an effort to persuade people to follow the mandatory evacuation they went house to house and held families at gunpoint until they could prove they lived in the house and weren't looting or squatting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts