Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
http://www.youtube.com/us
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another forum that they had them and called my local Kroger.

They do have them and I think they are the are the small ones, 32 per box 10 boxes to a bundle for 99cents:)

Going there first thing in the morning.

Will let ya know tomorrow.

tortis

·
Concerned
890 Posts
What brand? Man if its a good brand I am going to be a lil steamed...about three days ago i ordered a case of expensive ones and there is a Kroger less than 5 miles from where i live...

Thanks for sharing through, this is good info, even if not the best brand they are still probably better than normal stick matches

and this is a good lesson, i have been shopping at Kroger all my life and never noticed...i think i need to just go to Kroger and a few other stores sometime when i DON'T need anything, have no distractions and just walking around looking to see what they really do carry instead of just looking for what i want them to have...

thanks

·
http://www.youtube.com/us
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't now color yet. Won't hit the store till tomorrow morning. The man I had on the phone read the label to me, so they are strike anywhere.

I found some on ebay made by Diamond, but if the ones at Kroger are any good, it will save big bucks over the ebay sale.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Kroger carries the Diamond brand, red heads with white tips, strike anywhere matches and they are the 32 count boxes, 10 to a package about that price.
Truthfully, I haven't seen the blue strike anywhere matches for ages but, these work quite well unless they get moist.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
I have been in many different stores in the Tri-Cities area looking for the 'strike anywhere' white tipped matches. Blue or red, I'll take 'em.

The last time I was in Wally World, the floor stock person told me, "Yes, we have them" only to show me the red, strike on the box type. When I pointed this out to her, she replied, "I thought they were the same thing." Uh-h, no. In another store, the floor staff told me the 'strike anywhere' had been outlawed. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
This is interesting post. The major big name stores in my area no longer carry the strike anywhere matches.

However, a lot of the small out of the way stores still do. I make it a habit to stop at these stores and check. I usually walk out with at least a three-pack or two.

·
Ouch - that's my thumb!
305 Posts
Kroger in AR carries them as well - red tip, but they work well in my opinion. I buy them out once a week - just don't buy any cold medicine at the same time and you won't get any peculiar looks from the staff.

They are Diamond brand strike anywhere.

·
If you're an author PM me
509 Posts
I have been in many different stores in the Tri-Cities area looking for the 'strike anywhere' white tipped matches. Blue or red, I'll take 'em.

The last time I was in Wally World, the floor stock person told me, "Yes, we have them" only to show me the red, strike on the box type. When I pointed this out to her, she replied, "I thought they were the same thing." Uh-h, no. In another store, the floor staff told me the 'strike anywhere' had been outlawed. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
When I was a kid I use to fill pvc pipes with Ohio Blue Tip heads and glue on caps. Those things would detonate after impact so it wouldn't surprise me to find out they had been banned in some states.Sad thing is, I can do the exact same thing with strike on box matches just by adding glue.

You also have big box stores that cater to the lowest to maintain simplicity, so if it inst legal in one or two states they don't bother selling the item at all.
I haven't seen strike anywhere matches for sale in years in a brick and mortar.

They do not sell them at any Kroger I go to unless they got them in last Thursday.

·
If you're an author PM me
509 Posts
Kroger in AR carries them as well - red tip, but they work well in my opinion. I buy them out once a week - just don't buy any cold medicine at the same time and you won't get any peculiar looks from the staff.

They are Diamond brand strike anywhere.
How much you want per box?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I purchased some of the diamond strike anywhere at krogers here in Ohio-32 count-green head,white tip-work great--says greenlight on the box

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Thanks, PapaJoCochise and LibraryCacher: I have no idea if strike anywhere matches have been banned in Tennessee or not. I'd just like to have some as a third back-up. Multiple Lighters, check. Two Magnesium bars and strikers, check. Shortened hacksaw blades for mag bars, check.

Got the 'strike on box' type, affixed the strike strips and placed in water resistant containers. If I were able to get the strike anywhere type, would place the 'strike on box' type 'kits' in the trade/barter box.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you checked your ace hardware? Saw some of the kitchen style strike anywhere at our ace hardware but didn't purchase any---might have to go back and get a couple boxes.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Brykes Papa: if that was to me, then yes. Both Ace and two "locally" (non-big box, multi-national company) owned hardware stores.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts