Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freezing "ANTIBOTICS".....OK....BAD...GOOD..???

Sooo......Medications are shipped in the U.S. MAIL and set in the mailbox at sub-zero for hours or days.

Does this damage them.......???

·
reluctant sinner
17,584 Posts
Depends on the drug. I refused to use the mailed in the winter eye drugs for my cataract surgery because they were frozen.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The instructions come with the medications.
Those are instructions for "STORAGE".

Do you have difficulty with the distinction between the time that said medication is in "STORAGE" verses "in TRANSIT".....:thumb:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Those are instructions for "STORAGE".

Do you have difficulty with the distinction between the time that said medication is in "STORAGE" verses "in TRANSIT".....:thumb:
During transit, it's "stored" in your mailbox, which is the time period you asked about.

The storage information included will indicate whether or not freezing can harm them, and will also include contact information for the manufacturer so you could ask them directly. You could also find that easily online.

This winter is not last winter. And this winter is not next winter.....
That's just the first example I saw where you talked about the mild Winters where you are.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
15,985 Posts
I wouldn't use them.

My medication for moods is very sensitive to heat/cold and I can't afford to **** with it, I just can't. Something like a topical cream for psoriasis not a big deal but antibiotics, mental health meds... no thanks.

I understand the VA is mailing everything now? You don't have a choice? If that is the case you have my sympathy.

·
Deplorable Freedom Zealot
3,247 Posts
Most all medications first aid products recommend storage at room temperature.

Not too hot or not too cold, i.e. Goldilocks.

Insulin is stored in refrigerator until opened, then room temp.

Some antibiotics (liquid forms) are stored in fridge until used up.

Those are usually dispensed for one regimen only.

Look for army SLEP -Shelf Life Extension Program.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts