Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
what did I do wrong?
I got this

Not Found

The requested URL /: was not found on this server.

Reactions: Fishrarr

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
What Mongoose said.
what did I do wrong?
I got this

Not Found

The requested URL /: was not found on this server.
The link on the top of the page had part of the "happy face" attached to the end of it. The link thought that was part of the internet adress LOL just delete that last semi-colon off the website on the address bar.

·
Registered
628 Posts
If a link dont work for me, i usually start by taking off everything after the ".com" and it will usual work then.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Wait a minute guys, these are not free.

They are priced individually or by subscription. :confused:
No you just go to the map that they have onscreen. You know the one that looks like "googlemaps" then zoom in to where you are on the map or the location you want to see.

Now there should be 3 buttons on that map. One says "Map" "MyTopo" one says "Hybrid" .

But when you have the map zoomed to where you want it, hit the "MyTopo" button and it will change what is on your screen to a topo map.

You can print it out I guess or order a copy from that company.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When you look for a topo map, what area is most important? The area you live in? The area you are going to Bug out to? If you could only have 1 topo map, what area would it be for?

·
Adventurer
19,333 Posts
shows alot of stuff on that topo that just isnt there like ponds and stuff ive lived here almost 16 years and been all over and some o the waterways it shows doesnt exist

·
Southern Man
562 Posts
shows alot of stuff on that topo that just isnt there like ponds and stuff ive lived here almost 16 years and been all over and some o the waterways it shows doesnt exist
I agree. Not that great free site, sorry. It's good for a very general overview, but it has no UTM grid coordinates, and is not that accurate, so its use is quite limited. I'd leave home without it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts